It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
(female)

lisalynn24 HB User
Question sudden, intense pain on right back side of head with other symptoms...

Lately I have been getting sharp, intense pain on the back right side of my head behind & above my right ear. This only lasts a few seconds, but the last few days they have been happening more & more often. I have noticed my vision is becoming more blurred all the time and have trouble focusing on objects. Also, I have been having moods swings. I don't know if these sudden bursts of anger are caused by anxiety over worrying about my health, or if they are part of a symptom? I am very scared. My doctor seems to think it's just stress - this diagnosed after running no tests what-so-ever!
What if it's something more? Does anyone else suffer from these same symptoms? I am a non-smoking female, late 30's, who exercises and eats very healthy. I know this isn't a health style problem.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

wheatland HB User
Re: sudden, intense pain on right back side of head with other symptoms...

I would ask for a MRI of your head and neck. After a year of severe headaches, some relief here and there, my doc finally ordered tests! I found out I have herniated cervical disks and am now finally seeing a neurosurgeon. My Primary doc at first gave me a shot in the bum and told me to see a chiropractor. Now I find out the he could have caused more damage than good. I went for $300 worth of adjustments that only helped for a few months and the pain came right back. Hopefully all goes well for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
Re: sudden, intense pain on right back side of head with other symptoms...

i get this too. this exact pain in the right side of my head above my ear and kind of down my neck a little. i really think it's sinus and allergy related. do you have sinus problems or allergy issues? im a little stuffed up in my nose right now and i noticed this pain two days ago on and off for about two hours. does your face have any pain? you have sinuses all over your face and head. have you had any similar problems?

Closed Thread