It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
(male)

greg30127 HB User
"Pressure" on one side of head (but not headache)?

I didn't find a generic "head issues" type of room so I'll post here if it's ok.

What I've had happen to me a few times in the last few months isn't really a head "ache", but more of an odd pressure instead, on one side of my head.

Example: On the left side of my head, just above my ear, is where this pressure seems to originate. Sometimes mild, sometimes more pronounced. Again, it's not painful at all - just pressure. It's ALMOST like a sinus type pressure, but it does not extend to behind my nasal area or above/behind my eyes like normal sinus problems do (for me, anyway). The pressure seems to cover an area overall from must behind and just forward of my left ear, to above it (where it's the most pronounced), nearly to the top of my head on the left side and a little bit just behind my left eye (but it again my vision is not affected.

Now, my vision is not affected. Still 20/20 and not at all blurry or anything. My speach is fine, no jerking of muscles, no pain anywhere else, etc. However, when this is occuring there is just a bit of what I've seen phrased on here called a "brain fog"... meaning my ability to focus on SOME things seems compromised - like driving. I can still drive, but if I'm in heavy traffic it makes me nervous - almost a similar foggy feeling like what you get when you take a Benadryl and it starts to kick in, if that makes sense.

This feeling sometimes last one day, sometimes up to three.

I will point out that I'm in my early 40s, and when I was 15, I was run over by a car (hit me from behind at high speed). I did at that time suffer head injuries. This is why I got paranoid and started the "OMG time delayed brain tumor" stuff, but the symptoms are not consistant with what I've been reading online about that. Again - vision, body is otherwise fine, except for the pressure and a bit of "fogginess" feeling.

I of course realize a visit to the doctor is the most recommended thing, but the company I work for right now is in-between health insurance carriers and I'm currently not covered AT ALL by anyone. Unless someone has heard of this and the cause is one of those, "OMG get to the ER NOW" kind of things, it would financially put me in dire straits to go through a bunch of tests at this time. I was just fishing around to see if this could just maybe be some normal thing that I'm freaking out about for no reason, like air pressure affecting my head, stress, etc.

UPDATE: (8/7/07): Well as of today the pressure was still there, but when I got home I took the dogs out for a few minutes. VERY hot today - 98 degrees and humid with a heat index of 105. I was only out for a few minutes, but got very sick feeling. Almost flu like symptoms... the head pressure was still there, but I also was a bit light headed, and got that sore/tingly feeling all throughout my legs and back like you get when you're sick with the flu.

They stuck with me and I went to bed and slept for hours. As of 10pm tonight I still have all of those feelings but not quite as bad. I'm wondering if the head pressure was just a prequil to this? Maybe a summer flu, or I hope not, but I've read that West Nile has symptoms similar to this and it IS in the Atlanta area this year (where I am).

Any ideas?

Last edited by greg30127; 08-07-2007 at 07:15 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to greg30127 For This Useful Post:
JCROLAND10 (11-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
(male)

Philly_47 HB User
Re: "Pressure" on one side of head (but not headache)?

Last edited by Philly_47; 12-30-2007 at 02:30 AM.

Closed Thread