It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
severe migrane headaches due to seizures i think..

hi all, i suffer horribly woth sever headaches my nero dr who thinks i have seizures put me on butalbital and they dont work at all my head hurts allday long i end up sleeping about allday i get dizzy i feel sick to stomack and nothing helps does migranes come along with seizures the reason he thinks its seizures is i have had them at age 4-13 then stopped im now 45 and now i passout been doing this since feb 06 the blacking out started in the last couple mos i had headaches in feb 06 after my surgery but not anything like they are not my head feels like its going to bust they hurt so bad i cry does anyone know anything about butalbital? and does anyone know of a good migrane headache medicine that works ?
thanks any advice would sure help as im about to screem im calling my dr tomorrow and telling him the meds he put me on isnt working i have took them 6 days now with no relief.
vickie

Old 08-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
(female)

TopamaxKillsMe HB User
Re: severe migrane headaches due to seizures i think..

Hi Vickie,
If you had seizures when you were young it's possible you are getting them again. It is documented that hormonal changes are linked to seizure activites and you could be premonopausal. If you're not satisfied w/ your doctor, I would advise you to get another one.

I went through a really terrible experience with my neurologist who refused to help me, listen to me and kept me on a drug that was doing nothing but making me sick and nuts. I ended up moving cross country, am living with my mother and went to a local epilepsy foundation where I found support and am getting help. I heard other stories from people who had been through similar experiences. Remember, the doctor is there to HELP you. If that's not happening, find one who will.

And fyi, when I had seizures, my head would ache for days. Sometimes you can have partial seizures which don't involve passing out. Your doctor should really run some test like an EEG which measures brain activity.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread