It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Lourage HB User
need some opinions on weird headache

Just for peace of mind while i wait to make my appointment to see a neurologist.
I posted a topic on the brain/ neuro board but probably should have posted on here first. I never had any "bad" headaches. Well one time a few years ago i had an "tension" headache or something out of nowhere. Sharp pain in my head, went to the doctor and she gave me some medicine and it went away. Thing is she was not even my real doctor at the time ( my primary doctor was away) she didn't order any tests or anything! and i don't even remember what it was but i think she said it was most likely due to sinuses or a brain infection. Like i said i don't even remember, cause this was YEARS ago and have been fine. But thats my only background with a "bad" headache. My mother suffers from migraines, but i don't think i would just start getting them under my circumstances.

So about whats going on now. It started like two weeks ago, give or take a few days. I was lifting weights and all of a sudden i got a sharp headache on the right side of my head when lifting weights. It wasn't a "terrible" headache that amde me need to lay down but i was noticing it wasn't going away ( thought it would just be a pain) It lasted a few hours. Next day i felt fine! few days later worked out again using the same intensity and nothing! But then a few days after that worked out again and go the pain again. THIS time it lasted all night and only was gone when i woke up. BUT ever since that second time i have been getting weird like what i would describe as after shock effects, like a sharp pain but not sharp like a stabbing killing me pain, but it's around the same spot where i felt the headache but a little bit more towards the back of my head. I also suffer from Social anxiety and am a bit of a hypochondriac, my blood pressure seems to get high due to my anxiety, and also when i'm working out ( my heart races alot) i also think that just me thinking about this 24/7 is making these "symptoms" show up if thats even possible, i know i felt those headaches though, and even the days i thought about it and felt fine they didn't happen, so i don't know! Went to my doctor and he suggested the neurologist, but didn't really seem too concerned that it was something life threatening.

I'm just wondering whats going on and am scared to death. I don't have any loss of memory, no vision problems, no nauseous ( just making myself nauseous worrying lol) what is usually linked with these types of headaches that are caused when working out? if it was a tumor or something wouldn't i have not just got the symptoms from working out? can my blood vessels be bleeding and it's an aneurysm? or did i just pinch a nerve or something and worrying myself to death over nothing? God, i really hope i get my appointment with the neuro ASAP. I'm calling first thing in the morning. Also another thing i will be scared about is if i need an MRI. I will have panic attack in one of those things... i know it! and wont be able to lay still for that long. Do neuros usually want a CT scan first ( i know that would be easier for me to handle) or does it usually depend on symptoms? and can they usually tell if one is necessary after running through some of their tests?

Sorry about the long post and if i seem to be rambling on. I'm just so worried i can't even sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Lourage HB User
Re: need some opinions on weird headache

So after calling like 10 different neurologists around here i finally found one that accepts my health insurance. The secretary was REALLY nice and i was able to talk to her for a while while setting up an appointment. Thing is, the next opening they have is October 12th!!! I will drive myself crazy by then lol. I even brought up going to the hospital with her and asking if they would do tests right there, but she wasn't sure. Plus it's not really an "emergency" i guess since i'm not in pain. But what am i supposed to do? wait for something to rupture before getting it checked?

Last edited by Lourage; 09-20-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: need some opinions on weird headache

I used to get headaches when working out. They were headaches that also felt like my entire head was throbbing.. so much so that I felt as if you'd be able to see it if I looked in a mirror.. like a cartoon! It didnt happen all the time though. But my best guess is that it happened b/c of all the sudden blood flow from working up energy during the work out.. your heart beats faster, which pumps blood through your body faster. ... so maybe it's like a sudden rush of blood to your head..and your body's reaction is *headache*

That was my explanation. Anyway.. my head never exploded, nothing ever popped or burst! So I guess I'm alright and it was nothing serious.

As i said in another thread on here (I think the thread was called "when is a headache cause for concern, or more than a headache) Lots of different things cause headaches. Usually if somethign is really wrong there will be other symptoms.

And yes, it is possible for your mind to create symptoms that aren't really there. Your paranoia is mostly likely feeding your fear of something being seriously wrong.

Keep your appointment just in case, even if just to ease your mind.. but try to relax until then. You're psyching yourself out. I suggested in the other thread for the poster to keep a journal of when he gets a headache and what he was doing or eating when it hit. This may help make a connection to what is causing them.. which could help lead you to a solution.

Good luck!

Closed Thread