It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
(female)

mandy91 HB User
weird feeling in my head..??

I'm only 16 and I started getting bad headaches maybe about 1 year ago but I was told that I just have bad sinus and allergy problems. A couple of months later a weird cracking sound and deep pressure would come everytime I would push the back left side of my head or when I would lay down flat with my head straight it would crack n pop n suddenly following would be a horrible pressure and pain, it would make me dizzy n feel funny. I would also have problems with my ears where I wouldn't be able to hardly hear anything for about a minute and then they would start ringing and I can't hardly hear anything.. and my ears as long as I can remember has always popped every single time i would swallow, I dont know if thats normal or not?? But my head would feel like someone was sitting on it and sometimes felt like they were taking a hammer and just wacking me with it. At first they werent that bad but they have been getting worse. I wake up now every day with a horrible headache and now it's starting to make my vision all weird, for about a month now my vision would go blurry for a little bit or I would see like dots or weird things, and sometimes it would be as if I just got done staring in a bright light and my eyes were trying to re-adjust to what I was actually looking at. I don't know if all of this is caused by allergies/sinuses or not, but it just seems weird to me and I figured I might get some answers here. Thanks....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
(female)

spokanechick HB User
Re: weird feeling in my head..??

First of all, have you been to a doctor about your symptoms? Although most headaches arent harmful, its always good to get a professionals opinion.

I also had a lot of the same symptoms as you (still have some of them). I finally got in to see a dr. about tmj. (Theres a board dedicated to that only, you might want to look it up).

Most of my symptons have disappeared since I started wearing the splint he prescribed for me. I still have headaches, but they aren't as bad.

Good luck.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
(female)

mandy91 HB User

To spokanechick, no, I haven't been to a doctor yet, money is a big issue right now and there is no way that we could afford any more doctor bills and so that was why I figured I would explain my symptoms maybe someone who has the same could tell me what was wrong. I've been told by a friend that if my vision keeps messing up and if I keep having slight hearing loss than I should def. go to a doct. Do you also feel really tired and fall asleep in the middle of the day while doing things such as driving? Thanks for your help, I will def. look up the info you gave me. Thanx.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
(female)

spokanechick HB User

Mandy,

I don't fall asleep, but I definitely feel tired.

Maybe you should look into some government programs for medical care. I don't know what your system is like in FL, but in WA they are pretty good about helping people without insurance. We also have low cost clinics here. Hope you find out what is going on!

Good luck.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
(female)

mandy91 HB User

I looked up info about tmj and I do have alot of the symptoms described but I also have more symptoms that it does not describe such as like the dizziness, eyesight changing, and the cracking and the pressure that follows after I put pressure on the back left part of my head. I don't know if these symptoms go along with it or not. But my mother has been looking and trying to find some kind of help, it just seems that everyone in Fl is money hungry. The cheapest clinic we have found for low income families without insurance is I think about $170 per visit.(Not including any kind of tests or medication).
So we just keep faith that everything's going to be ok, and that God has everything undercontrol.
Thanks for your help!

Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
(female)

meeshalu HB User

I wanted to share with you my experience. I have TMJ and I also suffer from eyesight changes, painful headaches, eye pain, and that wonderful crackling sound. I was diagnosed with Migraines about 5 yrs ago. I have allergies something fierce, but, didn't know that until about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I am constantly plugged up. I now use allegra and flonase to help. It used to be that I couldn't even get enough air I was so plugged up! My ears pop when I roll down the windows in my van..that's bad. LOL. You may want to get checked for migraines hon. It sounds like we share these symptoms. Take care and post us on how you are doing. Please.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
(female)

mandy91 HB User

Dear meeshalu, thank you for replying and sharing your symptoms with me, thanks to you and spokanechick I have a much better idea of why I'm feeling this way. Hopefully soon I'll be able to visit with a doct. and get checked out just to be on the safe side. Also, you mentioned migraines, I get a headache everyday but every so often I get a horrible, killer headache but I wasn't exactly sure if it was a migraine or not. I'm relieved but sorry to hear that yall have to deal with these same symptoms, I hope yall feel better, and I will def. keep ya posted on any new news.
Thanks!

Closed Thread