It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

DCStacie HB User
Pressure in head for over a week

Hi folks,

Beginning 8 days ago, I started experiencing what I thought was a migraine (I've had them a few times before related to hormonal changes; always went away within a day with some help from caffeine and ibuprofen). After a few days, the pain in my head hadn't gone away. I saw my doctor, who tried two different drugs for migraines, neither of which worked. She recommended me to a neurologist, who I'll see on Monday, but I'm really struggling with getting through the weekend. Monday seems forever away. There is intense pressure in my head, sometimes sharp, sometimes dull, always present. Some nausea, too, but not all the time. I take *****n to sleep - I found it difficult at first to fall asleep due to the pressure, and I take *****n sometimes for my difficulty in falling and staying asleep.

Anyone had any pains like this before? What was the cause? What did you do to ease the pain? Ibuprofen and Excedrin do absolutely nothing except ease some of the pain I feel in my neck and upper back from this.

Thanks!
Stacie

Old 11-03-2007, 05:36 AM   #2
(female)

melhajj HB User
Re: Pressure in head for over a week

Hi everybody, i do suffer from migraines for a couple of years; i try different medicines, went to the neurologist when i could not cope anymore with the headaches, taking even 6 excedrin per day, and everytime the headaches, which later on were diagnosed as migraines; my migraine attacks appears usually during my period (record when your migraines appear, it might be that they appear during your period, before or just after it; or that maybe when you have a lot of stress, they appear; or maybe some food triggers them, etc), all these things are very important to check on yourself, because there are different types of migraines; well, as i was telling you, i took relpax a couple of times, migraines seem to go away, until i got a very bad reaction to relpax, one day after i took the relpax, i can not be so accurate about how long did it take for the side effects to appear, maybe 30 minutes or so, i felt a shocking sensation on my throat, i could not breath well, the muscles of my neck were getting tight like closing my airway, i was totally scared that at some point i could not breath any longer, i lay in bed until everything went away, but, i told my husband to take me to the emergency room in case that i could not cope with the spasm of my neck; after that i saw my neurologist and she told me that i should have gone immediately to the ER because i was really in danger (be careful about side effects of medicines ALWAYS); i try also propanolol, i used to get dizzy and sleepy all the time, like a drunk woman, i stopped that; i tried migranal nasal spray, it did work for a while, until i got blue toe nails; i am not sure and doctors are not sure if the migranal caused a kind of vasculitis in my toes; i went to see the vascular surgeon who told me that i did not have a problem in the big arteries or veins, but my neurologist told me that i did have problems in the small blood vessels, because of the appearance of blue toenails, which they started falling out easily because of lack of blood circulation; well, i started with magnesium 250 mgrs, coenzyme q10 and vitamin b complex, exercising l hour everyday, taking pentoxiphylline to help blood circulation in my legs, and i take alleve or motrin retard 650 mgrs when i can feel a migraine coming (which now are not as severe and incapacitating like before); i can tell you that with the help of the magnesium, exercise and all the things mentioned above i have gotten rid of severe migraines and i can enjoy life so much better; it wouldn't hurt to ask your neurologist about taking magnesium; before i used to try to exercise but the headaches used to appear with the exercise, now i do exercise to kick out small headaches that seems to appear, i guess all these has helped me a lot; i hope you read my post and try to find out with your neurologist if there is a chance for you to try what i mentioned above; we must be aware of signs of stroke since people with migraines are more prone to strokes, according to medical research.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread