It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
(female)

GA_gal HB User
Burning Sensation and Migraine

For the past 5 months I have been plagued with a headache each and every single day. Since the age of 7, I have suffered with migraine headaches, but I have never had the burning sensation that I am now experiencing. My Neurologist and my Internist have both suggested that I am suffering with severe depression. Now, although I have been diagnosed with depression, both my psychologist and my psychiatrist do not agree that my depression is the sole cause of my migraines or the burning that I am now being plagued with. .

Now, my question is this: Does anyone or has anyone ever experienced any of the following symptoms:

1. Severe pain in your lower neck where you are unable to turn your head from left to right or lower it to any degree?

2. When you try and turn your head or lower it, does it pop and when it does pop does it hurt?

2. Do you experience a constant burning in your brain where it feels as if your brain is in a pot of boiling water?

3. The pain progresses to the point of such magnitude of a migraine you are then totally immobilized with pain, you are constantly vomiting, seeing spots, dizziness, weakness in your legs, severe sensitivity to light, and noise?

Please someone, help me. I am at a total loss. As I've said earlier, I have had a headache each and every single day for the past 5 MONTHS! I feel as if I am losing my mind and I don't know what to do! I have had CT Scans, MRI's, I'm now scheduled to be tested by a Neuro Psychologist. As Iíve said earlier, I'm also seeing a Psychiatrist and she's been monitoring my medications, but nothing she's been prescribing so far has worked. In addition, when the migraines hit, I find myself over medicating because I canít take the pain and the burning and Iím so afraid that I will overdose with everything that Iím taking.

I've now gotten to the point that I'm unable to drive, I get disoriented, have panic attacks, and I positively can't drive alone at night because I get so turned around and lost that this will trigger a migraine. Thank you and I apologize for the length of this message.

<Do not post your name>
<Read the rules>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
(female)

DizzyAmber81 HB UserDizzyAmber81 HB User
Re: Burning Sensation and Migraine

I dont really know what to tell you but I have had a headache everyday 24 7 for the past 4 months, I have the tension and neck pain among alot of other non classic symptoms. All I can say is all this is most likely due to your migraine everyone percieves thing differently and everyone can have different symptoms No two people are alike ya know? Have you tried a migraine medication yet? Since you mention all these things with your neck you might want to have some xrays done since I know neck problems can attribute to headache and odd sensations in your head. The popping sounds like a dead giveaway to that.

Last edited by DizzyAmber81; 11-18-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Closed Thread