It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
(male)

Gerald70 HB User
Headache on left side of head in the back

Hi! My name is Gerald I am 37 year old and I have been having sharp pains on the left side of my head it is a very sharp, the pain comes and go's. I am police detective I know my job can stress full at times but the position that I have is not that stressfull.

My question is what can be causing the the sharp Pain.

The following user gives a hug of support to Gerald70:
Rconnie134 (09-02-2011)
Old 11-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
(female)

asiperveen HB User
Re: Headache on left side of head in the back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald70 View Post
Hi! My name is Gerald I am 37 year old and I have been having sharp pains on the left side of my head it is a very sharp, the pain comes and go's. I am police detective I know my job can stress full at times but the position that I have is not that stressfull.

My question is what can be causing the the sharp Pain.
hi ive also got pain in the left side of my haed the pain is sharp and lasts for a few mins and then fades way this happens a few times in a day im really worried if u find out anthing please do let me knw thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
(female)

gold555 HB User

I suffer from exactly the same, my Dr has never been able to explain why, he puts it down to stress and bad posture!! however I have noticed i get this pain monthly, usually before i menstuate, hnece i have been told it is hormonal?? I find medication does not touch the pain....does anyone have any suggestions what i can try for pain relief? have tried all the normal over the counter meds, also diazapam (to relax the muscles) and have recently been prescribed arthritis medication?!? supposedly for the imflamation...NOTHING WORKS!! any suggestions??

Old 12-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
(female)

DizzyAmber81 HB UserDizzyAmber81 HB User

Cluster headaches. Brief sharp stabbing pains lasting only a few seconds and they usually affect men more than women. If you look up cluster headaches there is some pretty good info about them.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
(male)

konacluster HB User

Sounds like it could be a cluster headache. Pain for me can last from a few minutes to a few hours. It's changed over the years that I've had them. I would suggest seeing a neurologist just to make sure it's not something else. . . but hopefully it is something else! I wouldn't wish clusters on anyone. They're truly the worst thing a person can experience in my opinion.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
(female)

angel72 HB User

I get headaches like this because I have TMJ and clench my teeth- I was told they are muscle spasms. Hope that helps.

Closed Thread