It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

jls711 HB User
wisdom tooth headache???

Im a 22 year old female, for the past few weeks I have had pretty moderate headaches, I have tried a few over the counter medications that really dont seem to help in the least bit.Some headaches will last for about a couple of minutes and some will last for a few hours. Also whenever I get up to from sitting for long periods of time I will see flashes of light in corners of my eyes, also sometimes dizziness and nausea from the headaches will set in. The pain usually seems to float to different areas of my head each time the headaches occure. Now last year my dentist did reccomend that I have my wisdom teeth removed and Im pretty sure at least one is impacted because the whole tooth has not come in yet and a gum over laps it some. However, I do not really have any pain in my teeth. I also know that I have been grinding my teeth. Could the wisdom teeth and the grinding of my teeth be causing the sudden onset to all my symptoms??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
(male)

Sweendog HB User
Smile Re: wisdom tooth headache???

Yes! yes and yes again, i am going through the very same thing right now and it sucks! I also was told by my dentist a little over a year ago that i should get my wisdom teeth taken out, being the putter offer that i am i decided to not do it. Now here i am a year later heading in to christmas and all i think about is when im gonna get attacked by my next headache.

I went to the dentist two weeks ago and asked him about my wisdom teeth which he told me they looked impacted especially my lower right one. He asked if i had been having headaches and told me this was the reason i had been getting them. He said that since i never was getting chronic headaches in my life until jsut these past few months he is sure the headaches will decrease then go away after the extraction!

I sure hope they do! cant live life like this much longer, do you also get neck pain and pain in the back of your head and jaw?

I hope you make an appointment to see your dentist soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

jls711 HB User
Re: wisdom tooth headache???

Good I thought I was going crazy, yes I get pain in my jaw and neck area as well. I basically have all the symptoms of TMJ. I went to a oral surgeon last week and he told me that my top left and my lower right are growing in crooked and the lower left is impacted and right next to a nerve! (for some reason i never got a wisdom tooth in my upper left) so I do have a appt to have them out in mid Jan!

Old 01-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
(male)

Inchvbeam HB User

sweendog, have u done ur extraction? How's your headache now btw? thanks

Old 01-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
(female)

jls711 HB User

I dont know about Sweendog, but I just got my 3 wisdom teeth out yesterday. Im taking Vicodin almost every three hours so who knows if Im going to get any headaches b/c right now Im feeling really really good.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
(male)

Inchvbeam HB User

haha congrats, like you I have nothing aching around my wisdom tooth, but having just taken out the impacted wisdom teeths, Im feeling better, although the tension's still there.

Hope our headache can be cleared soon!

Closed Thread