It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

chincheta HB User
Unhappy Two-week mild headache & sensation of cold in head/neck

Hi there,
I've been really worried about my health lately and I'm very glad I stumbled across this place!

For the last two weeks or so, I've had a constant headache - from about 10min after I wake up, until I go to bed at night. It's not intense, but it's always there, sort of in the background. It's concentrated mainly around my temples, just belo w my ears, and at the top of my head just above my hairline. It's also been accompanied by achy shoulders and neck and general fatigue as well as an occasional slight feeling of dizziness when I'm walking, as if I'm on a ship that's rocking back and forth at sea.

I went to the doctor yesterday and she prescribed me Ibuprofen 600mg, as she put it down to seasonal changes and stress. I told her I do sometimes suffer from stress-releated headaches, but they are completely different from what I've been experiencing and they usually go away after a short period of relaxation/breathing exercises/yoga. She didn't really listen.

So, yesterday I took 1200mg ibuprofen. This morning after breakfast I took one pill (600mg). In the car on the way to work I began to feel a weird cold sensation in the back of my neck and around the inside of my head (the feeling travels all over my head, it isn't localised to one particular area), as if the blood in my veins was icy cold and gushing. I've now been experiencing this feeling all day long, and every so often it extends into my arms and legs. I've never experienced this before.

I looked at the "side effects" of the ibuprofen I was given, and it mentions chills and tingling as being very rare side effects, although I'm not sure either of these is exactly what I'm experiencing.

So I'm not going to take any more of this ibuprofen until I see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar? I was told by the doctor that if I didn't feel better within the next 4 or 5 days I should go to the neurologist... I've never had a headache last so long, so it's really frightening me. But maybe it's just flu??

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited by chincheta; 12-05-2007 at 07:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
(female)

Niclolu HB User
Re: Two-week mild headache & sensation of cold in head/neck

Have you received any news or diagnosis since your posting? I was experiencing some warm sensations in my arms for about 3 months now. It started there and now I experience a cold sensation on my lower back when I sit for an extended amount of time.

Within the past 3 days, I am feeling icy cold sensations down my arms, legs and shoulders and sometimes up the back of my neck and head. It comes and goes in my legs and head but it seems to persist with my right arm and right lower back.

I spent some hours in the ER today and they did some blood work and found nothing. I was concerned that it may have had something to do with the circulatory system but they ruled that out and ruled out the possibility of a stroke happening. (My mother-in-law recently passed away from a sudden heart attack and had experienced extreme cold sensations prior to that. I was worried that I was experiencing the same symptoms. )

The ER doctor told me to make an appointment with a neurologist. I am also scheduled to go for an MRI to check for MS. There was not much that they could tell me and said that my best bet was to consult with a neurologist.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
(female)

ecsimons HB User
Re: Two-week mild headache & sensation of cold in head/neck

Hi there,
I have been experiencing the same symptoms that you mentioned since 1/24/08. The first doctor I went to told me it was the flu and prescribed Omoxycillin. Headaches continued. Went to different doctor today and he is sending me for a CT scan to rule out brain tumor. Did your symptoms go away? Hope you are feeling better.

Closed Thread