It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
(male)

sparkyireland HB User
Strange type of headache, worrying :(

Hi there

I am not great at explaining myself sometimes but I will try my best, I have had many different problems this last 2 years or so but this is the latest, anyway.

This last while on the left side of my head I have been getting what I can only describe as a pulse type headache that only lasts a split second or so and will come and go at any time of the day, not very painful but worrying which then causes me stress, anxiety etc.
Anyway every time I have got this pulse I have always anticipated it suddenly getting worse, and as an anxiety sufferer the usual fear of aneurysm, stroke etc with every episode. Today though it did get worse and there was a slow like striking pain in the exact area as the pulse lasting 5 seconds or so, the colour in my face drained completely as I really did think I was going to collapse.

The pain was not terrible and completely different than your normal type headache, as I could point to exactly where the pain was and feel it travel, rather than just a pain being spread all over the head.

Any ideas on what this could be?

I do fear aneurysm as I had a family member die of this, although I am only 26, and also had an MRI scan roughly 6 months ago (Normal)

Thanks very much

Old 12-10-2007, 06:45 AM   #2
(female)

DizzyAmber81 HB UserDizzyAmber81 HB User
Re: Strange type of headache, worrying :(

Possibly a cluster headache??? Try looking that up to see if it sounds like what you are experiencing. Hope you figure it out and feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread