It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2001, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

blueshore99 HB User
Question Monosodium Glutamate

I was curious if any one here has found msg or glumates to be the cause of headaches. I have been doing some research on the topic because many of my symptoms are those linked to msg sensitivity. Some research has shown up to 40 percent of the population is msg sensitve, even though not all of those will exhibit severe symptoms. I would be interested in hearing other opinions on this topic...

Old 08-18-2001, 10:42 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
MSG has long been known as a common trigger for headaches. Hopefully someone else wiil comment more on this for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2001, 07:54 AM   #3

windcaller HB User
Years ago, I figured out that MSG did give me headaches. I have since cut it out of my diet (as far as I can tell anyway).

Old 08-19-2001, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

blueshore99 HB User
It's really amazing to me, since I've started researching this how many of the common symptoms of msg sensitivity I have had. Also how many foods have some form of it. Almost anything processessed, boxed, frozen, or bagged has msg (usually under a different name like hydrolyzed). I have slowly started converting my families diet to whole, unprocessed foods, there are some books out on how to do this. Also one article I read talked about how products like toothpaste (even the kind dentists use to clean your teeth) can contain msg in their "natural flavorings" Every time for the past two years that I have gone for a cleaning, I get a severe dry mouth that lasts for a couple of weeks, and I never get this any other time.

Closed Thread