It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2001, 06:24 PM   #1
Magenta

Post Headache When I Eat Pork

Over the past few years Ive developed some kind of reaction to pork. If I eat it then I get a severe headache that comes on that night or the next morning. There is a feeling of pressure in my eyes and thay hurt really bad. I've had my bloodpressure taken during these headaches and there was no problem with that. My sensitivity to it has increased to the point where even the smallest amount of pork fat in a product will give me a headache. Has anyone else experienced this? I've searched for info on this and can't find anything. (I've also tested negative for glaucoma).

Old 08-18-2001, 10:29 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Have you considered getting tested for food allergies? This might be helpful in narrowing down what exactly is happening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2001, 02:18 PM   #3
Inactive

Jester HB User
Wink

Have you noticed that you have increased the amount of pork you eat? I used to have a sensitivity to pork, I threw up though. So I just didn't eat it. After a long time (10 or so years) I decided to try it again and I was fine. I had a similar allergy to tomatoes. Every time I ate tomatoes I got a headache the day after. I cut tomatoes out of my diet for 3 months, and now I can eat them just fine.

I get migraines though, and I find that there are a lot of foods that will trigger my headaches. Once I recognize the trigger I will cut it out of my diet, and then slowly re-introduce it when I feel appropriate (usually > 3 months).

Also, when I get migraine headaches, I get a huge amount of pain behind my eyes. Sometimes one eye, sometimes both. I also sometimes get intense pain at the top of my spine/base of my skull (this is where the part of the brain that operates the eyes are located - ocipital lobe).

I hope I have helped.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/jester.gif

Old 08-20-2001, 07:25 PM   #4
Magenta

I ate pork all my life with no problems. I started getting the headaches about three years ago but I only got them if I ate alot of pork, like a large piece of sausage. Then my sensitivity increased so that smaller amounts caused the headaches and they were more severe and harder to get rid of. No headache medicine will get rid of them either. They just have to wear off. The medicine only takes the edge off and keeps me from getting sick to my stomach.
I decided to eliminate any pork from my diet, to see what would happen. I haven't had any in about three months and I haven't had another headache like that.
I also get regular headaches(tension or migraine)but they feel different than the ones I get from pork. They arent in my eyes but in my neck and the sides of my head.
Its been tough doing away with pork. I miss pepperoni pizza the most. And Egg McMuffins. But believe me the trade-off is worth it. Thanx for the replies.

Closed Thread