It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2001, 02:32 AM   #1

Samantha Jane HB User
Unhappy Throbbing Temples

Hi I wrote about this in the wrong message board, so i hope I have the right one now, I have had a problem for the last 6 weeks or so, on and off, I get throbbing in both my temples, not painfull as such more annoying than anything and somtimes i get shooting pains through my head, no where in particular it just happens now and again...its getting more frequent these days and no one seems to know why its happening or what it could be, I have put it down to stress and tension..but no matter what i do It dosent go away. Can anyone relate to my problem or am i just going mad!!
Thanks

Samantha http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 09-01-2001, 06:35 PM   #2
Veteran

robste HB User
Samantha, I've had the same problem for a few days now, but mostly the ache is in the right temple area. I'm not sure if it's sinuses or a tension headache, but mine doesn't seem bad enough to see a doctor. I suggest if it really hurts and if you're having shooting type pain that you at least call your doctor; hopefully he or she can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2001, 09:53 AM   #3

Samantha Jane HB User
Smile

Hi robste, Thanks for your info, believe it or not I now believe it could be sinus probs, It seems to affect the back of my eyes and across the bridge of my nose and i also get pain above my eyes, like a migraine pain, but It comes and goes.
I actually saw my Dr today and he did'nt seem to concerned and told my to treat it with some congestion meds, but i dont even have a cold, he seems to think it will go away on its own so I will just have to see, I'll keep u updated.
Thanks

Old 09-08-2001, 07:35 PM   #4
Veteran

robste HB User
Samantha, your symptoms sound almost just like mine...I've had this pressure/pain prob. for the past two weeks! It doesn't get any worse, but won't go away and the pain keeps moving to different places...right now, my temple area hurts. I don't have a cold or runny nose either! I have a dr. appt. Tuesday anyway for something else, so I plan on telling my dr. and maybe he can tell me what's causing this & help me...I'll let ya know.
By the way, did your dr. give you any kind of prescription?

Old 09-12-2001, 08:25 PM   #5
Veteran

robste HB User
Exclamation

Samantha...in case you see this message, I did go to the dr. yesterday...from what I told him about the pressure and head pain, he says it sounds like a sinus infection and has started me on an antibiotic and also a medication to loosen everything up...that's the problem, (don't mean to be gross) but the headache is probably caused because nothing has been draining at all. Already, the pain is not as bad. It's that time of year for sinus problems...you might want to talk to your dr. again if you still are having problems.

Old 09-13-2001, 01:31 AM   #6

Samantha Jane HB User
Hi, Yes thank u for the reply, I am due back at the docs tomorrow so I will mention it to him, I have developed a bad tooth now as well aaaaaahhhhhh!! I'm not doing to well am I!
Take care
samantha

Closed Thread