It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2001, 07:47 PM   #1

julihannah HB User
Post BAD Headaches-I think from Prednisone: anyone else?

I have a torn disc in the upper part of my back, at my neck, and the doc has me on predisone. The headaches from the torn disc and the meds are killing me! Nothing I take is even touching it. I need some advice! The pain is from temple to temple, in the front. Sometimes, on the base of my skull in the back. They are soooo bad that they are having the opposite effect the predisone normally has-increased appetite. Instead, I feel sick to my stomach.

Any advice? I would appreciate it. BTW, the is my first time to this board!!!!

Thanks,
julihannah
(julie)

The following user gives a hug of support to julihannah:
jamesgates (08-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2001, 06:32 PM   #2

enshock HB User
I have been having the same problem. I am on prednisone for an allergic reaction. The headaches that I have had have been worse than I have ever had before. I can't stand light, feel like throwing up and have throbbing in diffrent areas- or all at the same time. There has got to be something else I can take and I am going to try and find it- I suggest you do the same! Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2002, 06:50 PM   #3

yen99 HB User
My very good friend at work has Crohn's disease and she is on Predinsone and she now takes medicine for migranes. She never had one until she started taking it. You may want to discuss some migrane possiblities with your doc.

Old 10-23-2004, 10:21 AM   #4

mamacujo HB User
Re: BAD Headaches-I think from Prednisone: anyone else?

I used to take prednisone for asthma many years ago and I did not get headaches. However, in the last few years I have gotten into poison ivy several times and I am very allergic to it. The doctors always give me prednisone and every time I get head splitting headaches around my eyes and the back of my head. It hurts to move my eyeballs to look around. I also lose my temper very quickly. It also makes me sick to my stomach, though the headaches are by far the worst side effect.

The doctors tell me it isn't the prednisone.......I always ask them why it consistently happens and of course, they don't have an answer. They tell me that they give people with headaches prednisone to get rid of the headache.

I'm taking 6 (10 mg) pills for 3 days, then 5 for 3 days, and so on. I don't think I'll be able to do it.

Not that I am glad anyone else has this problem, but it is a relief to find out it isn't just me.

I've tried taking motrin, tylenol and even tylenol 3. Nothing seems to help. Has anyone found any remedy for these headaches?

Old 02-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
(female)

islandcrimes HB User
Re: BAD Headaches-I think from Prednisone: anyone else?

I too have headaches on prednisone. I am on prednisone for Takayasu's Arteritis and experience headaches with the disease (one of the signs of my disease's activity) but i get other kind of headaches with prednisone which is used to curb my disease. I can tell that my disease is not as active through blood work (sed rates) but i still have a great deal of head pressure and feel generally clouded and heavy headed on the prednisone. The pain is mostly between the temples but also in the back of my skull.

I also experience these headaches when i try to think or concentrate hard. I feel stupid because of this.

I wish this was at least a side effect of the drug that doctors would acknowledge, as of right now they either think im getting sicker or that i'm a fluke.

Closed Thread