It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
(male)

knewual HB User
What kind of headache is this?

Monday I just got over a pretty severe cold, tackling it with Municinex, Zicam, Dayquil, and Ibuprofen. It finally went away but Tuesday I started getting this severe headache that orginated behind my right eye. It starts off as a dull pain and then increases to a major pain, as if someone is pushing down on my eye/skull.

I can feel every time blood pumps and it hurts terribly. Coughing hurts, lights hurt, waking up from sleep is the worst. It feels a little bit better if I slowly and cautiously rub the brow, but advil isn't helping, nor taking out my contacts/sleeping longer/drinking/not drinking. I cannot figure out what kind of pain this is.

Do you know? Could you suggest any temporary relief? I've been working full days and this is simply unbearable now. Thanks for any help.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: What kind of headache is this?

hi k,

i don't know exactly what to say, but i can empathize!!!

one possibility is that you still have the 'remnants' of the cold you had...it's probably more of a very bad head cold now. the reason i say this is that when i was very sick with that virus that was said to be an epidemic, here in ny, i had such a headache that did not respond to anything (imitrex, ibuprofen, excedrin, aleve, etc.). i cried until i couldn't cry anymore--just because of the pain!

Coughing hurts, lights hurt, waking up from sleep is the worst. Yes, you're right; i had the same symptoms when i was sick and after i got over it..

try to have a regular/scheduled sleep cycle. wake up and go to bed at the exact time everyday. also, sometimes decongestants help, especially those for sinus relief...yours may not be a siinus prob., but sometimes these help for some reason.

try aleve, or as it's generically called--sodium naproxen (the same thing, but less money). i found this to be more useful than other OTC meds.

have someone massage your neck, shoulders, head, and face. this has helped me a lot!!!! all the muscles are interconnected, especially the shoulder, neck, and face areas....these go directly upwards, behind the year, and all around your head, and rubbing one part will have tremendous impact on other areas of your head.

put some tiger balm, or other ointment/creams that may help "cool off" the muscles...which then may help the pain on the side of the head.

drinking may make it worse, so i would absolutely stay away from that.

Ultimately, please go and talk with your doctor about this!!! you've got absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain. i'm truly sorry because i've been in the same boat many times.
God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
(female)

oceanabreeze HB User

I would definitely eat a half package of bacon fully crisp right away, if it works it will take an hour. Also take aspirin. It sounds like you have a blood vessel blockage and my mother and I have had the same thing. I don't know what it is about the bacon - but it works, I don't know if it is a protein or the type of fatty oil, but it helps. The aspirin will thin your blood. If you have been taking antibiotics your kidneys will have been working overtime and so your blood lacks sufficient water to keep the blood fluid. Also vitamins A, E in high doses as they are lipids. Most people don't know that a normal blood cell is larger than a lot of the small veins we have and so lipids are important as they help the blood cell distort to get through the myriads of tiny veins we have.

Good luck. I you get better quickly. Don't stop at 2 pieces of bacon - eat half the package fully crisp or at least 10 full pieces. By the way pork fat doesn't solidify at room temperature the way beef fat does, don't consume beef for a few days and stay away from sugar, and cream cheeses or cheeses. Drink Drink Drink. But - NO COFFEE as it leaches the water out of the blood stream and takes calcium from the bones which fills the blood with calcium crystals. At least while you are suffering - NO POP. As the sugar will plug the veins.

Last edited by oceanabreeze; 01-21-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
(male)

chiefan58 HB User

When I've had a migraine, which is what you've described, I've found that if I vomitted and took a nap for an hour or so it would be gone. Thankfully, I've only had a few of these. Good luck.

Closed Thread