It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2002, 10:24 PM   #1

Scurry HB User
Post Constant Headaches and Heartburn Like Feeling?

Hello, I have been having two symptoms for the last 4 days now. One is a chronic and consistent, dull headache, centered just above my temples. The other has been a pain, or constriction in my throat area, not a sore throat, but another, unusual feeling. It has now turned into intense heartburn whenever I eat or drink anything other than water. Lately, the heartburn seems to be triggering more intense headaches.

I have been to two doctors, both of whom dismissed these as "tension headaches" and hardly mentioned the heartburn or throat pain. I was given 800mg Ibuprofen and then another barbitute (started with a B) for my headaches. Neither of which really helped.

The more I read about GERD, the more this sounds to my layman's opinion, what may be wrong. I did start feeling bad, at least in my throat, after eating a meal. I do not see much mentioned about GERD and headaches however.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am in constant discomfort and pain each day unless I am sleeping, due to these two issues. I don't feel like eating, working or anything else. I am just looking for any advice.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #2

Kierra HB User
Smile

Hi Scurry

I also had sort of the same symptoms, ask your doctor to do a blood test to check your thyroid gland.
Take care, Hope that you feel better
Kierra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2002, 05:24 PM   #3

drummerdude HB User
Hmm...you sound like you are in the same boat I am in. A headache like pain associated with other symptoms that seem to be related, but when you go to a doctor, or try to research for yourself what may be causing the problem, they tell you it's tension headaches and nothing you find seems to fit your symptoms. I have had sharp pains in my head along with some nausea which together make me feel like I am about to pass out quite a bit and the doctors can't find anything wrong and have done every test known to man. I am curious...what is GERD?? I have no suggestions other than to keep pushing for the cause with your doc and I hope that you find the problem to your symptoms soon.

-Dan

Closed Thread