It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2003, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

lilcee HB User
Question Pain on top of head

Sometimes I get a pain on the top of my head and it hurts when my hair moves or when I touch it. It feels like someone is pulling my hair out.
Does this sound like sinus or neck related?
Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2003, 08:46 PM   #2

Kierra HB User
Hi Lilcee and welcome

To me that doesn't sound like either. I've had that a few times with my migranes. How long have you been getting them?.
Take care and hope you feel better soon
Kierra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
(female)

lilcee HB User
I've had it off and on for quite awhile. I'm now sure what a migrane is like. The reason I thought of sinus or neck is because I have trouble with both and wondered if this was related.

Old 02-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #4

Kierra HB User
Hi Lilcee

Sorry that im not much help, I'm not to sure. Keep looking back on this page, most people on here know more than the doctors, or at least that is what I have found.
Take care
Kierra

Old 02-15-2003, 11:41 PM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
That does not sound like sinus related at all but since you do suffer from sinus problems you should consider taking a good antioxidant supplement so you can keep the sinus problems under control. Has anyone ever checked your blood pressure when you have these type of headaches? I have a co-worker who gets headaches on the top of her head and although she doesn't mention her hair hurting it could. She has elevated BP's when she has these headaches. As for a migraine.............if you have one you will know you have one. The pain is usually one sided and often feels like someone if poking an ice pick directly into the side of your skull. Many people have nausea and sensitivity to light/sound with a migraine. The pain is generally unbearable and if you don't have medication for them about the only way to get rid of them is to try to sleep it off. Normal over the counter pain meds will not generally touch a migraine.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:32 AM   #6
(female)

lilcee HB User
Thank you for your reply. I usually have good BP, but I will check it the next time I have that headache.
I don't think it's a migrane. It doesn't feel like that. I had someone suggest once that it could be the nerves?

Old 02-19-2003, 07:47 AM   #7
(female)

lilcee HB User
My BP seems to be fine. Lately, my headaches are like a sharp pain - like needles stuck in my head. Sometimes they are like a real tight feeling.

Old 02-22-2003, 10:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Posted>>>I don't think it's a migrane. It doesn't feel like that. I had someone suggest once that it could be the nerves?<<<<

Nerves like in being nervous and having anxiety or nerves as in some kind of neurological problem?
kat

Old 03-25-2004, 07:05 AM   #9

scarlett_moon HB User
Smile Re: Pain on top of head

I just wanted to say your not alone I also have migraines.I have had them since I was a teenager and my mothers gets them and grandmother had them.I get them so bad that my hair hurts and it hurts when I walk.I have to have to be in a dark almost black room with no sound and smell.I just lay in bed holding on to a pillow.I have had all kinds of test ran on me thru out the years and tried pills and shots and nothing has worked.I do get sinus infections too which do not help at all and I find it best to sleep them off sometimes I can stop them for awhile with Tylenol sometimes nothing helps.I have had a constant headache for 7 days now I have learned when I get stressed which the last 2 weeks have been crazy is when I get a bad one sometimes they just hit me out of no where.This week its been that feeling of always having a headache.And this weather change isnt helping either.I feel like some has dropped my head off a 10 story building and just put it back on me to walk around and suffer.I feel so sorry for anyone that has to go thru this kind of pain but I just wanted you to know your not alone I know many people who also have the same thing as you.I wish I knew the answer to make it stop but I dont.My only tip is dont pin or pull your hair up alot just let it down.
Best of luck

Old 02-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #10
(female)

dia_tsu HB User
Re: Pain on top of head

I have this exact same feeling. I don't remember when I noticed I started feeling it. It's like it comes back time to time. But, if I touch where it hurts on the top of my head or move my hair there, I feel a sharp pain. I hope I can find out what it is. I realize lately I'm not getting enough air and have been feeling like I have a fever. I have had a long history of sinus infections and always have phlegm dripping down the back of my throat. Currently, I have a bad cough and this post nasal drip, which is making it very difficult to breath, especially when I go running. But, the pain is very prevelant right now.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #11
(female)

goodnight HB User

I also have the same symptoms. Like a bee sting feeling when I touch the area, a very small area. Mine is on the top close to the front. Sharp pain when I touch it or move the hair in the area.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #12
(female)

isaddesign HB User

I posted this same thing on the hair problems board & some people said it was from hats/hair bands, etc.

I went to the deramtologist recently & he said it either
Stress
or
Sensative skin: there was a name for it, but cant remember

He gave me a creme to rub on the area at night before bed to se if it works(havent started it yet)

We'll see

On the same board someone posted that a symptom of sensative scalp was for tyhroid issues like Graves disease or Himishotos disease(??)
I had my thyroid tested last year, but I think Im gonna have it rechecked again, you never know.

I hope this gives you all some extra Info

I feel your pain...literally

Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #13
(female)

Marilyn71 HB User
Smile Re: Pain on top of head

Glad to hear someone has the same pain that I do on the top of my head. I went to my internist and had bloodwork done. Everything was okay; he thought it was Temporal Arteritis; but, the bloodwork said no. I went to the eye dr. today and had LOTS of tests done. He thinks that it is stress or tension. My headaches started the last of May when I went to visit my brother who was in LifeCare in another state. He died the first week of July; and I still have the headaches. I also have had two thyroid surgeries. So, as hard as it is to believe with the pain....I hope that the diagnosis is correct. Good luck to the others that are experiencing the same thing..

Old 12-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
(female)

Laurette HB User

My Rheumatologist thought that I had Temporal Arteritis because of pain in my bridges ( where there are no teeth) scalp pain, double vision and strange results in my blood chemistry. The cure for it is large doses of Prednisone, which in my case didn't work. The good thing is, when writing to my sister in Australia - her husband checked out the disease, recognized his symptoms and was treated successfully.

Closed Thread