It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2003, 01:21 AM   #1

speee HB User
Post Extreme headache following orgasm?

Hopefully this is the right place to post my question, since it's a little personal I wouldn't want to ask anyone but a doctor, which I'm sure I will soon. Anyway, for about a month or so now nearly every time I orgasm I get an intense headache that starts on the back right side of my head and feel pain all the way up to above my right ear. The more intense the orgasm, the greater the pain. It almost feels as if I have a really sore upper neck but theres also a throbbing pain that comes with it. Sometimes I can have an orgasm and not feel it but the majority of the time (90%) I have the headache immediatly following. Often there is a slight pain, almost like I'm very hungry, in my stomach and I have even gotten light headed and dizzy. The headache will go away sometimes prety quickly within 10 or 15 minutes, but other days (like today) it lingers for hours, often until I go to sleep. I'm obviously very concerned and am hoping it is nothing serious but it is very scary since I have never had pain like this in my head. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Like I said as soon as I get a chance I will see a doctor about it but it's kind of difficult since I have to go through my parents for insurance purposes, since I just recently turned 18 myself and do not have my own plan. Thanks for any help.

Old 01-15-2003, 03:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

What has happened to you is really not unusual following an orgasm and will probably be experienced more than people admit.

Basically, if you actually think about what happens during an orgasm, then you may see that it is all to do with blood flow and muscular tension. An orgasm is an intense and pleasurable experience, however, when this happens there are alterations in blood flow. When you become aroused, then you get increased blood flow generally and vasoconstriction that allows the vagina to become engorged in a woman and therefore very sensitive and this also causes an errection in men. This means that a lot of your blood is going to one particular area when having intercourse. As you near climax, you will vasoconstric and your muscles will become very tense and tight and it is this that causes you to shudder. Once you relax after your orgasm, you will start to vasodilate and this causes a man to lose his erection so that blood can now increase and flow to other parts of the body more efficiently. The muscles also relax and it is this sudden vasoconstriction followed shortly by vasodilation and the increase and decrease in muscular tension that causes the headaches after orgasm. Men can also find this after ejaculation, as this is a sudden and explosive release of tension.

As long as you have no other medical problems, then I am sure that this is just an inconvenience rather than being serious at all and as I said before, I am sure that it occurs more than most people would like to admit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2003, 06:58 AM   #3

BANG HB User
This sound very simular to my problem, except that with me it leading up to an orgasm instead of after. I would just like to know will it ever stop happening. And id like to know more about the problem

Closed Thread