It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2001, 08:04 AM   #1

veggiehead HB User
Question Headache after ejaculation

My boyfriend has been getting very intense headaches following ejaculation for the past month to month and a half. He says that they vary in severity but most often it hurts VERY bad. He says the pain is located mostly on the left side and feels similar to a migraine or that his brain is pushing up against his skull. He won't talk to a doctor about this and it worries me quite a bit. It only happens when he ejaculates following intercourse.

Old 12-03-2001, 08:54 PM   #2

Cognex HB User
Coital headaches are a male-dominated (4:1) syndrome. They are usually abrupt and painful, much like a severe, throbbing migraine. In most cases they are benign, however, an aneurysm or other vascular malformation can occur during sex, so he should get an angiogram to rule out any medical problems. They usually prescribe indomethacin (Indocin) for benign coital headaches by the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2003, 02:59 PM   #3

Sloppy HB User
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by veggiehead:
My boyfriend has been getting very intense headaches following ejaculation for the past month to month and a half. He says that they vary in severity but most often it hurts VERY bad. He says the pain is located mostly on the left side and feels similar to a migraine or that his brain is pushing up against his skull. He won't talk to a doctor about this and it worries me quite a bit. It only happens when he ejaculates following intercourse.
The same horrible situation started to happen to me last week. I have never had a headache that came remotely close the horrible pain. I was wondering if the migranes ever went away and what i could do get rid of this tragedy

Old 04-19-2003, 12:57 PM   #4

jesterboy HB User
see a doctor!!! its so easy ill say it again. see a doctor. easy as A B C a doctor.(a little patrial subliminal message)

Old 12-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
(male)

HopperNet HB User
Re: Headache after ejaculation

Dear all,

Indeed I am now suffering from these post ejaculation headaches. Has anyone been for a check up and had a diagnosis. The are so intense its almost impossible to describe them. I am pretty worried about it and would love to hear others' stories before I go to the docs.

Old 12-13-2004, 05:22 PM   #6
(male)

HopperNet HB User

I am suffering from severe post ejaculation headaches. Has anyone out there been for a check up and had a diagnosis ? They are so intense it is almost impossible to describe them. I am pretty worried about it and would love to hear others' stories before I go to the docs.

Last edited by HopperNet; 12-13-2004 at 05:24 PM.

Old 12-13-2004, 06:10 PM   #7
(female)

Poo2 HB User

I am far from a Dr. First off have him go to one. My thoughts on this would be a dramatic change in hormones after ejaculation. JMHO

Old 12-14-2004, 12:37 PM   #8

MagnaV45 HB User

Umm, Guys--
Dr is not going to be shocked with this. It's not all that uncommon for a male to suffer post-coital (sp?) headaches at some point in their life. Be matter of fact and so will the Dr.

Blood pressure is increased during ejaculation and many of you throw your head back placing your neck in a bad position. Don't ignore this - it's nothing a dr hasn't dealt with before .

BB -- Magna

Old 10-24-2005, 07:36 PM   #9
(female)

Agardener HB User

I used to have headaches so severe when reaching orgasm that my head felt as if it were being split in two. My GP said they were "adrenalin headaches" caused by the Prozac I was on. I was on high dose at the time (60 or 80 mg) but I've noticed the same effect on 40 mg.

Closed Thread