It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

ruthie065 HB User
back of head hurts

Why would the back of my head hurt along with my ears all of the time? I take pain killers and it does not touch it. When I lay down, it hurts even more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
(female)

ladybird53 HB User
Re: back of head hurts

Hi I have the same thing, also ears and jaw quite sore, went to the doctors and he said it was a stone in my saliva gland, gave me antibiotics, when i finished the course i still have the pain,. The pain in the back of my neck is still there and my ears feel funny, best way I can describe it, its not earache and its not a headache, without pestering the doctor again im not sure what to do, I also wonder if given my age (53) it has anything to do with the menopause as I have had some really odd things to do with my health, have you been to the doctor and described what you have, would be interesting to hear what your g.p has to say,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
(female)

kaza76 HB User

Hi to you both, please read my other threads (i am depserate please read).. I have been recently diagnosed with TMJ, you mentioning the jaw has made we wonder, it may be worth talking to your GP. I have found they know very little about it so they may not check you for it.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
(female)

ladybird53 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaza76 View Post
Hi to you both, please read my other threads (i am depserate please read).. I have been recently diagnosed with TMJ, you mentioning the jaw has made we wonder, it may be worth talking to your GP. I have found they know very little about it so they may not check you for it.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
(female)

ladybird53 HB User

Hi I read the postings you have, I really didnt think this was a headache, ive been at pains to tell people , its not a headache. Today the right side of my jaw hurts and if I yawn its painfull, the feeling of tightness in my head feels odd too, its sometimes like my head dont belong to me, tablets are no good either they just dont work, with the doctor saying it was a stone in the saliva gland I ******d the symptoms and sure some of it was the same, I just dont know and dont want to keep visiting my g.p who probably thinks im a moan, does anyone think that stress plays a part in these symptoms, to an onlooker I am a calm person, they just dont know whats going on in my head, which at times can be a lot, so much so that when my head hits the pillow my brain starts churnning out all sorts of rubbish, I just seem to plod on from day to day

Old 01-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
(female)

ruthie065 HB User

I do have TMJ. It's odd that is would effect my ears and the back of my head. I mentioned that to my dentist and he looked at me as if I lost my marbles. I told him that my ears and head hurt every time I open my mouth.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #7
(female)

ladybird53 HB User
Smile Re: back of head hurts

Hi well I have spent most of the afternoon on here reading mostly about symptons that I have, im going to get appointment with my g.p in the morning as I dont think its a stone in the saliva gland, my jaw is now starting to give an almighty crack when I eat or open my mouth so im going to get it checked out again, thank you all for the posts you have put on here, as a newbie im delighted to have got so much information in such a short time, I really was beginningto think I was going crazy

Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
(female)

kaza76 HB User

Glad you are finding these boards helpful. Please look up TMJ, it can affect people in so many different ways, its gotta be worth checking. Keep going back to the GP until you feel happy with what they are doing. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

P.S tension headaches combined with TMJ (which is what i have) can be bl**dy painful, they have taken over my life but once diagnosed you can relax a little which does help.

Closed Thread