It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2003, 02:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User
Question CT scan accuracy?

If a CT scan is negative, are your chances pretty good that you don't have a brain tumor? I had a CT scan which was negative but I still have the dull pressure on top of my head. My doctor has put me on Neurontin, Xanax and Lexapro. Since I started on the Neurontin, my dizzyness has subsided but I still have the pressure. Earlier today, I actually had a headache which is the first time that has happened since my head pressure started and my neck hurts if I tilt it backwards. My GP doesn't want to refer me out yet to see if the medication works first. I guess he doesn't want to refer me since the CT scan was negative. I guess that I will give the meds a few days though the Lexapro takes a few weeks to take affect. I guess he also thinks that anxiety may be causing the head pressure too but I didn't think anxiety could cause pressure like I am experiencing. I am really frustrated because the pressure is affecting my daily life and mood.

[This message has been edited by actudan (edited 05-30-2003).]

Old 05-30-2003, 06:22 PM   #2

workaholic HB User
actudan,

A few years ago I experienced the same problem. I was on antibiotics, had my blood tests done, etc. Finally, my doctor sent me for a CT Scan and it was fine. He didn't see the need for an MRI. The pressure in my head continued...it was the first thing I thought of when I got up in the morning, "is it still there?" I had this for at least a month or longer. He finally prescribed Xanax. This was all due to anxiety. You don't have a brain tumor!!! Take the medication and give it a little time to work. You're not going to feel better if you think the worst. You're going to be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 06:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User
workaholic,

Thanks for the words of hope. I will take the medication and hope for the best. I took a fioricet earlier and I actually feel decent for the first time. If I could just feel better for a day or so I think that I would calm dowm. I suffered from panic attacks a few years ago and was put on Xanax and Zoloft for about 1.5 years which helped me to get over the attacks. I guess that I am a canidate for have stress/anxiety related problems but I just would have never thought that anxiety could cause the types of problems that I am experiencing. I figured that I would suffer from panic attacks and not head pressure and neck pain. Lately I have been getting a little panicky in closed situations with other people because I have been afraid that I would have a seizure or some other sort of tramua. Now I just need to be careful with all the meds that I have: Xanax, Lexapro, Fioricet, Neurontin and Prevacid.

Also, here's a weird thing. If a pull my hair where the pressure is, the pressure actually goes away for awhile. Go figure!

Old 05-30-2003, 08:05 PM   #4

workaholic HB User
You would not believe what stress can do to you!!! I thought I had every disease out there. My neck had knots you would not believe. Of course, I ran to the doctor thinking they are tumors, and he massaged them out. They were huge stress balls! And the panic attacks, OMG, I've had so many. I actually drove myself to the hospital on several occasions thinking I'm having a heart attack. Also, check out symptoms of Fibromyalgia. I'm not saying you have it, but it will make interesting reading. I don't understand why you are on so many medications, though? I don't know too much about meds, what are they for? You just need to believe that you're OK and you'll feel better.

Closed Thread