It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2003, 11:54 AM   #1

debos HB User
Post Constant pressure in left side of head

For the past 4-5 months I have had pressure in the left side of my forehead and head over my temple. Lately it has been almost constant and sometimes severe. Occasionally I have twitching of my eyebrow and along side my nose and in my upper lip (not necessarily at the same time). I have occasional headaches that go away with Tylenol or sinus meds., but the pressure is not affected by either. I can also feel the pressure in my left ear and eye and the left side of my face occasionally when it gets strong. I went to the neurologist on Tuesday and he did blood work and ordered a CT scan set for Aug. 15, but I was wondering if anyone had similar symptons or any idea what might be causing it. Sinus meds and antihistamines don't help. I'm worried about cancer in my sinuses.

Old 08-02-2003, 07:28 PM   #2
(female)

Laney00 HB User
I have had headaches for several years, but in the last 2 it switched to a pain in my left temple and sometimes left eye and jaw area. They are sometimes very strong, and almost always just there enought to bother me. I call it the lingering migraine. My nuerologist never seemed concerned but when I complained to my general practitioner she got me a CT scan to rule anything out. THey found a "venous malformation" and I immediatly had an MRI done. THis showed nothing. I guess CT scans aren't always the best for that sort of thing and can often scare you!
ANyway, I can't tell you what is wrong with you since you also have twitching involved, but I can say that often headaches are NOT a brain tumor.
Good luck to you, keep me posted after you get your results!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2003, 07:37 PM   #3
(female)

Laney00 HB User
I was just rereading your post and was thinking, my problem is a pain with pressure, is yours a pain or just a pressure feeling? Mine is more like a metal rod is stuck in my head. Sounds nice huh?
And a correction, its been since the last 2 years...not just 2...

Old 08-02-2003, 08:27 PM   #4

debos HB User
Mine is mainly pressure, although I have been having headaches for the last 4 or 5 days, but they go away with sinus meds or tylenol. The pressure does not. I have looked all over the web for info on head pressure and have found nothing. I guess I am calling it the wrong thing. Today I found a medical book that talks about paresthesia which is a weird feeling not involving pain but is described as numbness, *****ling and tingling. Sometimes I feel like I'm having chills in my head for the last few days. Like my brain is getting goosebumps. Anyway, It talked about things related to paresthesia involving the hands, legs and feet, but the only one in the head was brain stem cancer. That's a little freaky!

Old 08-02-2003, 08:41 PM   #5
(female)

Laney00 HB User
sounds pretty crappy, but beware of all that info out there, I have freaked out so many times thinking I had every illness or disease in the book due to searching for more info. I really hope that in your situation its nothing serious, don't panic until you have the results of all the tests done.

Closed Thread