It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2003, 08:56 AM   #1

diamondlover HB User
Unhappy Same headache/symptoms for over 2 years!

Three years ago I experienced lightheadedness while singing. Months later I had my first vertigo experience. Then came diagnosed tension headache only, followed by neurologists, ENT, TMJ doc, CT, MRI, pain therapy, adjustments, lots of what I call heavy drugs (celexa, neurontin, etc.) all of which made me sick to my stomach. (Anxiety, panic and heartburn were all side effects of the drugs. I'm off ALL drugs now.) Finally botox in my neck (tense muscles were squeezing nerves, they say) and all was pretty good with my world. Then... a week ago, another vertigo incident (almost 3 years to the day). I'm still dizzy when I turn a certain way, but worst of all, the tension headache came back immediately. Not as bad as before without the botox, but it's back. Apparently there is a connection: vertigo/tension headache/fullness in ears. Also feel the "ice pick" pain on left side. Meniere's disease has been discussed, as has migraine and cluster headaches. I thought I had my life back, but instead got a jolt of reality. I am 60 years old and not ready to give up! Anyone with similar symptoms?

Old 07-06-2003, 12:32 PM   #2

Gaitsofgold HB User
I am a 47 year old female who gets vertigo attacks periodically. There seems to be no pattern to them. I can get one, then another one three weeks later, then four months, and then not for two years. It lasts a few hours, and gradually goes away. I know what you mean about the dizziness - since I got my first attack of vertigo, I have not been able to spin around, or move quickly because of dizziness. I guess I'm not going to go back to normal at this point.

And yes, at least with me, the migraine headaches do seem to be associated with vertigo and a feeling of fullness in my head. At least, I've had all these symptoms since my migraines got worse (I've had them since I was teen, but they have gradually gotten worse in the last couple of years). My doctor sent me to an ENT with this fullness (feels like I'm under water) and the ENT told me stress can cause this sensation. I have panic disorder as well, so I guess this makes sense.

I have a severe migraine that lasts up to 18 hours once a month, with vomiting and the whole nine yards. Not able to function at all when this happens. I feel nauseated and a bit of lingering headaches for days afterward. A migraine "hangover" effect. In between migraine attacks, I get frequent "normal" headaches that are not usually one-sided. I don't know if all this is related to my rapidly approaching menopause or not. So far have not tried prescription drugs for the migraines because of the scary possible side effects. Hope this helps.

Randi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2003, 09:47 PM   #3
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
If you have muscle aches with the head aches you may be not getting enough oxygen. You indicated that it happens while singing.

Have your doctor check your red blood cell count. They carry the oxygen to the brain & muscles.

Your blood may be too thick to flow easily to your brain & muscles. If you do not get enough blood flow, your body will produce more red blood cells which will make the blood even thicker.

G

Closed Thread