It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2003, 10:26 PM   #1
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Post Throbbing headache on right temple

Hello, I'm new here and hoping that someone can help me. For about the past six months or so Iíve been experiencing horrible headaches. They usually start out as a regular dull headache all over my head, and gradually move to one side of my head, always the right temple. Then, it throbs constantly and nothing I do can make it go away. Regular over the counter pain killers do nothing, and the ONLY way for me to make it go away is to go to sleep, and when i wake up, it's gone.

I've already been to my doctor about it and he thought they were caused by a very tight neck muscle, which he gave me a shot to relax the muscle, and left it at that. He also thought it could be my birth control pills, which i thought it might be too. But Iíve switched to three different birth control brands and nothing has changed. My headaches follow no patterns as to when they come. I usually experience at least one a week, sometimes more.

My mother thinks they might still be due to my very tight neck muscles and wants to send me to the chiropractor about it.

Has anyone else experienced these types of headaches? Or does anyone know what they might be caused by?

Thanks so much for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2003, 03:40 PM   #2

chicagogirl HB User
I don't really have an answer for you, but I wanted to tell you that I've been experiencing very similar headaches. But in my case, the pain starts in the left temple and then sometimes progresses into migraine, but sometimes it's just the pain in the temple - which I have to agree with you - very frustrating since no pills seem to help. I also can't sleep on my left side anymore, and sometimes the sleep makes it even worse. I do think though that the birth control pills you're taking might have something to do with it. I tried couple of them and had to stop taking them every time. Made the headaches unbearable. Hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread