It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2003, 08:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User
Question humidity and headaches

Very HOT here past 3 days. Have had a headache every day. Does anybody else get them in hot, humid weather???? I have to stay in doors or they are unbearable. Tylenol helps if I take it every 4 hours (takes the edge off of it). It is not a migraine. It is something that is just there to give me pain???? I find I can not function when this happens. I have missed work a bit too. HELP with anything would be appreciated.

Old 06-26-2003, 11:30 AM   #2

Katieswirld HB User
Yes I get headaches in hot and humid weather. I have to be in air conditioning. If it rains, low barametric pressure, pollen, lots of weather conditions causes headaches. Sometimes you don't need to take any medication if you just can stay in; but if you have to go out put the a c on in the car first before you drive off. Sometimes it will prevent one. Hope it helps. Kath

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 07:58 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Sinuses can do nasty things to you in humid weather. Your best bet is to use a good decongestant and an antihistamine if you have any allergy type symptoms along with it. You should also consider trying Ibuprofen but take it in prescription strength or try Aleve aka naproxen and see these don't work better for you.

Old 06-27-2003, 11:45 AM   #4
Inactive

Karla HB User
I get really bad headaches and the humidity, heat, and storm fronts trigger them. If I stay inside in the ac then I am fine. Forget yard work and camping.

Old 07-10-2003, 09:55 AM   #5

cendiee HB User
I know exactly what you mean. We have had a heat wave for the last 2 weeks and my headache has lasted 10 days, peaking yesterday. I took 9 advils/advil cold & sinus/migraine advil in 8 hours and was still in agony.

Does anyone here have any solutions to the sinus-humidity problem?

Thanks.

------------------
"Failure is never as scary as regret"

Old 07-12-2003, 10:41 PM   #6

lorihutch13 HB User
yes, it's sinus pressure due to weather or barometric pressure change...i get them bad!!! It can also be caused by mold spores in the air...which you may be allergic too!!! I guarantee!!! LORI

Old 07-15-2003, 01:56 AM   #7

tracy white HB User
Exclamation

I have had the samething for years. And what I was told that We all need to drink more water !!!!!!

Try that Drink 1-2 glasses more a day.
Your body needs more if it is hot out!!

Old 07-23-2003, 12:20 PM   #8
(female)

KIDINSANITY HB User
You might want to do a search on "Ophthalmoplegic migraines" or "Ophthal migraines." I have been suffering for years with them and never knew the name for them until I changed doctors.

Old 07-29-2003, 02:36 PM   #9

court78 HB User
I would like to say that i get headaches when it is hot and humid, almost like my brain is expanding under my skull. I also get stuffed sinuses. I have to try and stay indoors as much as possible until the air cools off. I hope you get to feeling okay again, i am sure it is common.

Old 07-31-2003, 06:44 PM   #10

susiejb HB User
yup, it's allergies. in cincinnati we all feel that way

Old 08-02-2003, 04:03 PM   #11

anyovk HB User
I also get horrible headaches in humid hot weather. Has anyone been to the Dr. for this? If so any advice for the rest of us? Also do any of you get these bad headaches even when it is not so humid, like when traveling to a different climate? I was in South Dakota in Aug of last year and got a horrible headache that lasted 2 days and it is not humid there, same type of headache though...

Old 09-03-2003, 06:58 AM   #12

danmc15 HB User
Lightbulb

I have had same sypmtoms as everyone else describes. Allergy test was not able to determine cause. What have worked for me are: Ibuprofen, placing a heating pad over my face while resting on my bed, and a prescription drug called "Midrin", which is prescribed for migraines and sinus headaches. Midrin, though, is not to be taken on a daily basis, i.e. it is not a maintenance drug but is only to be taken to alleviate symptoms as they arise.

Closed Thread