It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2003, 07:01 PM   #1

STUMPED HB User
Post constant headache foggy feeling

Hello.I have had a constant headache ( there in the morning when I wake and there at night when I go to sleep )now for 18 months. Seems to be through whole head. It came on gradually over a few weeks and fluctuates from moderate to severe but is always there. It is accompanied by what I call a foggy feeling almost a warm flush sensation again through whole head but mainly in the temple and forehead areas.Very uncomfortable and at times prevents me from working. Also have stiff/tight neck ( sometimes down into shoulders) which loosens up during the day. Have had all tests done (x-rays,cat scans, MRI, blood tests ) and all seems okay. Also tried alternate treatments such as acupuncture, massage,exercises,some yoga stretches, experimenting with my diet which is pretty good anyway all with not much joy. Seems to have everyone baffled. Dont know where to turn next. Any ideas out there? Thanks

Old 06-17-2003, 06:43 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
What kind of preventative medicines has the neurologist tried so far and did any of them help at all? You left that out in your post. Hard to offer suggestions when you don't state what preventative meds have been tried so far.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2003, 05:01 PM   #3

STUMPED HB User
This is one of the frustrations I have. None of of the people I have seen can work this out. I have seen a neurologist. He has seen my tests and according to him he can not see anything wrong and cant help me. It was initially thought the headache/foggy feeling was due to the stiffness in my neck but I have had many treatments on my neck, massage,physio, chiro, acupuncture without any joy. I take only painkillers ( codeine based ) when it becomes unbearable, but I dont like to take drugs too much ( not sure what it does to rest of body )so I try to put up with it as much as possible Cheers

Old 06-20-2003, 02:12 PM   #4

jafc HB User
Do you by any chance clench your jaw or grind your teeth at night? Temporamandibular Joint Disorder can lead to headaches, especially in the area of the temples. And chronic pain can lead to pain in other areas of the body like neck, shoulders, and back.

------------------
Judy

Old 09-19-2003, 12:44 PM   #5

PamelaC HB User
hi, I just found this message board, because I have been very worried lately about the "FOGGY FEELING" I thought only I felt, I see now there are many out there, I too have all of these symptoms, headache, almost 24/7 stiff neck,( going broke trying new pillows!) and recently have started noticing a lot of eye twitching in my left eye, sometimes I think I feel it, but its not really noticable...I can look in the mirror...and not see anything...but feel it...I feel like Im going crazy, and I am drug free, so its nothing like that...at work too, I have begun to switch letters around, and numbers around, I have a very hard time concentrating...please help!
PamelaC

Old 09-19-2003, 02:30 PM   #6

BWC HB User
Wow Pamela, this sounds a lot like sleep apnea. Do you snore? Brent

Old 09-19-2003, 02:50 PM   #7

PamelaC HB User
I only seem to snore if I am extremely tired, and have put of going to bed...I thought sleep apnea caused falling asleep during the day??? as I dont do this, I get up daily at 5:30 am.( even on weekends, when I dont want too, I wake up early) I drive an hour to work, work 8+ hours, drive back home, the normal routine of a mom/wife, cook clean homework projects try my best to get into bed between 9-10 perhaps I should do more research on sleep apnea?
thanks for any and all input...
PamelaC

Old 09-19-2003, 06:29 PM   #8

BWC HB User
do you have morning headaches? Another symptom of apnea. A person does not have to fall asleep at inappropriate times during the day to have apnea. Just a thought.

Old 09-20-2003, 10:28 AM   #9

PamelaC HB User
yes there are many mornings I wake up with a headache, also with tension in my neck and shoulders, so I always just figured it was the wrong pillow...but cant seem to find one that works for me...

Old 09-20-2003, 11:40 AM   #10
Inactive

pw47 HB User
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by PamelaC:
hi, I just found this message board, because I have been very worried lately about the "FOGGY FEELING" I thought only I felt, I see now there are many out there, I too have all of these symptoms, headache, almost 24/7 stiff neck,( going broke trying new pillows!) and recently have started noticing a lot of eye twitching in my left eye, sometimes I think I feel it, but its not really noticable...I can look in the mirror...and not see anything...but feel it...I feel like Im going crazy, and I am drug free, so its nothing like that...at work too, I have begun to switch letters around, and numbers around, I have a very hard time concentrating...please help!
PamelaC

Pamela:
By "foggy feeling" do you by any chance feel like your head is really full, with a pulsing feeling, and very tender places - like if you shook your head a few times, it would clear up? That's how I'd describe it - I know what you mean about the headaches and stiff neck and I also have a twitch in my left eye which just began a couple of days ago! It's very frustrating. The thing is, so many things can cause these symptoms and I've been dealing with chronic sinus problems/infections, have mild arthritis in the neck, clench my teeth while sleeping (I have learned that this can create many head and neck problems), and I have high anxiety/worry which either adds to and/or creates more problems.

Do you know if you might have arthritis in the neck? Sinus problems? Anxiety? So many things are interwoven and it's often difficult to know what's what.

Let me know.

Old 09-21-2003, 08:08 AM   #11

PamelaC HB User
I think my foggy feeling is more complex than that, unfortunately when I get this feeling...it last for hours, sometimes all day...where I just cant think at all...I work in a very busy chaotic health facility...the phones ring off the hook, we are under staffed, yet the case load only increases...do you think that stress can cause all of this? I cant think anymore...I am having to redo work all the time because I cant seem to write things down right anymore... I can look at birtdates...and forget them before I write them down...life at work is becoming almost unbearable...even at home now I seem to forget things that family members have told me...HELP!

Old 09-25-2003, 07:26 PM   #12

faulkner99 HB User
Wink

hello my name is christy I have the feelings that you describe and did have for a year or so finally I went to a Dr. that ran the right tests. He diganosed me with LUPUS and HUGHES syndrome. Have you heard of either of these? Hughes Syndrome which is also known as sticky blood can cause such problems as you have described. please do some research on these and if you fit the symptoms please mention the tests for both to your Dr. I hope that this helps you
take care and may GOD Bless you
Christy

Old 09-27-2003, 10:13 PM   #13

siegels4 HB User
I have that same foggy felling from headaches as your talking about. for a year and a half i've had a constant headache that just won't let up. When I lost felling in my left arm my doctor ordred an MRI and we found that the headache was caused by two bulging disks in my neck. the doctor then perscribed 10 mg of amitriptyline before bed and that made a slight diffrence for a while but know I'm back to the same pain that I was in before. He also perscribed barbuteral to stop the heaedache after it started. but that dosent evan touch the pain any more. it's just a relife to know that i'm not the only one with a constant headache.

Old 09-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #14
(female)

theresa9466 HB User
I have had headaches since 1987. They get worse during colder weather. I had three neck injuries and I believe that is why I have headaches so all time. I have tried PT , chiropractors all kinds of meds. Antidepressants, pain pills, migraine meds. and nothing has worked. I have went to the ER and gotten a shot of demorol but the ER's are getting to where they refuse to give anything anymore. They have a sign here saying they dont give narcotics. THe DEA has gotten doctors and hospitals afraid to properly treat pain. I am laying down a lot and cant enjoy life as I would like. Maybe one day they will be able to find something that works but until then I just have to deal with it the best I can. Take care all and I wihs you a painfree day!

Old 10-06-2003, 09:49 AM   #15

susieq03 HB User
I was just wondering if you ever had a spinal tap to see if you might have benine intracranial hypertension? I was treated for 10 years for migraines and none of the meds they gave me ever worked, so after a sinus surgery, had trouble with my eyes, so they refered me to a neurologist, that did a spinal and found out I had high pressure, with too much cranial fluid around my brain. I think alot of people that are treated for migrains may possibly have this disease and not realize it. The only way they can tell if you have it is to do a spinal tap. It can usually be controlled with meds but if that doesn't work, then they put a shunt in. Some of the symptoms of BIH is severe , daily headache, ringing in ears, vision problems, light sensitivity,pain in neck and shoulders, short term memory loss. Hope this helped and sure hope you can find a dr. that will listen to you. God Bless,SusieQ

Closed Thread