It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2003, 10:35 AM   #1
(female)

slpagirl HB User
Post strange head pressure - varies - worse lying down.

Here's the story... it started out two months ago, with muffled hearing. Then, a couple weeks ago, I had a migraine. Since then, I've had this weird head pressure everyday. It varies...one moment it is at the top of my head, then my temples, then in the back of my nose area. After taking antibiotics for a possible sinus infection, the pressure seems to have lessened... but I am feeling a throbbing sensation in my head everynight. When I lay down the pressure is worse, and it is difficult to get comfortable. There is no real pain associated with this head pressure & throbbing sensation. I saw a neurologist, who is treating it as the remaining effects from the migraine, with a pain relief medicine called Naproxen. I usually feel pretty good in the morning, and okay throughout the day, but come night-time, I get the head pressure again. And it's difficult to fall asleep, since it's worse when I lay down. Anyone go through anything like this???
Thank you... I appreciate your feedback.

Old 10-17-2003, 04:50 PM   #2

sleeptweedledee HB User
Arrow

Your sinuses have not cleared up thats my opinion anyway. If your doc says it is cleared up try a (nightime) decongestant for example Tylonal Allergy sinus, believe it or not pain medication does'nt help head pressure but decongestants should help get that pressure out so you can sleep. If you have sinusitis that will occure most all the time during lying down.
Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2003, 11:20 PM   #3
(female)

slpagirl HB User
Hi... Thank you for replying. Yes, you are right the pain medication doesn't help, but the decongestants do. I just found out that the decongestants were causing my blood pressure to shoot way up (I have a hbp problem). And that could be why though the head pressure lessened, I developed some other headache type symptoms. So, tonight, no decongestants, and we'll see what happens. I can't seem to win.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:09 AM   #4

green654 HB User
Re: strange head pressure - varies - worse lying down.

When I read your posting, I was SO relieved to hear that someone else is experiencing the same thing as me.... except mine started after I took a medication for my migraines. I took Maxalt about two months ago, and ever since then I get this strange pressure sensation in my head and even in my face a little, around my nose. Its hard to describe, but it is definately a pressure with no head pain associated with it. It is worse when lying down sometimes.... and actually a little scary. I feel like I am having a heart attack or something... or that the blood supply to my brain is getting stuck up there. Have you gotten any relief from your symptoms? Good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slpagirl
Here's the story... it started out two months ago, with muffled hearing. Then, a couple weeks ago, I had a migraine. Since then, I've had this weird head pressure everyday. It varies...one moment it is at the top of my head, then my temples, then in the back of my nose area. After taking antibiotics for a possible sinus infection, the pressure seems to have lessened... but I am feeling a throbbing sensation in my head everynight. When I lay down the pressure is worse, and it is difficult to get comfortable. There is no real pain associated with this head pressure & throbbing sensation. I saw a neurologist, who is treating it as the remaining effects from the migraine, with a pain relief medicine called Naproxen. I usually feel pretty good in the morning, and okay throughout the day, but come night-time, I get the head pressure again. And it's difficult to fall asleep, since it's worse when I lay down. Anyone go through anything like this???
Thank you... I appreciate your feedback.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:17 PM   #5

tmrlittlebit HB User
Unhappy Re: strange head pressure - varies - worse lying down.

I understand that pressure in the head, I always have a headache,but when they really get bad its the pressure I notice first.Feels like standing on my head and letting the blood rush to the top of my head, And I have a hard time focusing,
I had a car accident back in 2000, A man ran a red light, I never saw it coming.Unfortunately I am one of the thousands of Americans without my own health insurance so I have dealt with doctors who are representing the insurance company from my auto insurance, I have gone through three grouling years of headaches,and headaches arent considered an injury so insurance company stopped paying . I was told I have 2 herniated disks, but the doctors insist that isnt a problem and wont cause the pain. I also have a hard time remebering things, but again I'm told you can prove nothing, I truely wish I could find some relief from the pain and pressure in my head but have no job now and still no health insurance.
And yes I have an attorney for the accident ,but headaches are not considered an injury , and the insurance company stopped paying any medical back in 2001. I lost my job in 2002, My boss said I was forgetting to much and it was a problem.I had to file bankrupt last year ,hoping to save my house and car but I lost that too. morgage companies wont work with a person who cant even set up a payment plan, no job ,no money , no way to bargin , so late last year in Oct I decided to try working else where, hoping for the health insurance, so I could get better. I found a job. (which really wasnt easy. ) but had only worked a few days when I hit my head in the warehouse on a shelf, Now really I dont know if I had lost my balance or if the shelf that had been extended with plywood was at a level that I just didnt see it, but either way, I was knocked to the floor when I hit. and I thought I was dying before this happened ! the headaches never go away, they go from the type of headache that are there and hurt to the type of headache that makes you lay in bed with the lights off and cry , I'm not sure if anyone out there can understand but I have lost faith in doctors ,lawyers and the insurance company. I just want my life back.the pain in my head and the presure is so great at times I just know my head will explode. not sure what to do now .[

Last edited by tmrlittlebit; 12-03-2003 at 04:03 PM.

Closed Thread