It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2003, 01:26 PM   #1

anna1971 HB User
Question anyone had migraine aura W/ no pain??

This eye aura thing is driving me insaine I am seeing like cut up pieces of glass with colors in them an it moves its like looking at a kelidascope and they tell me i am have a form of a migraine with no pain ...It is tripping me out i am wondering if anyone else here has had this ,...I have also expierenced flashes of light, floaters, and now this. Never a headacche always scares the crap out of me when i see this stuff and i am 31 years of age....wondering if something else is wrong with me because i dont think this is very common....If you have had this happen let me know thank you anna

Old 10-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #2

ActressCHI HB User
Unhappy

I have experienced similar syptoms - I do get migraines, but sometimes I will have vision problems that are not followed by a headache. My most frequent vision problem consists of a small shimmery spot in my vision, that grows larger until it takes up one whole side of my vision. This continues for about 15 minutes then fades away. I have been told that this is a migraine symptom, even though it is not followed by a migraine. I've also had what looked like running water in the center of my vision. The only thinkg that helps for me to to lay down and relax, because it has to go away on it's own. I know this probably wasn't very helpful, but I know how you feel!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2003, 08:45 PM   #3

ButterflyGirl22 HB User
I get the aura, but I always get a migraine afterwards. The aura is very annoying and can be scary, at least it is to me since I can hardly see at times. I get the flashes of light too. It all usually starts with a blind spot and then it turns into the flashing lights or shiny, different colored bright lights, etc. I also get floaters which I believe people with very poor eyesight, like myself, can get. I am 26 by the way. I only see the floaters in bright lit areas. I have heard it's possible to get migraines without pain and I was told once that I may have gotten them because I was seeing double at times, but had no headache. That doesn't happen anymore though. How often do you get the auras?

Old 10-05-2003, 03:12 PM   #4

Connie2468 HB User
I get the auras and no migraine. Aren't they the weirdest things? They scare the heck out of me but I've been told not to worry. I usually take 2 ibuprofen and sit and rub my temples and take in deep breaths. The longest one lasted about 10 minutes.

Old 10-05-2003, 07:18 PM   #5

anna1971 HB User
hi well i usually get these auras maybe like once every two months but now i am getting them like 5 times a week it's just stressing me out even more ya know.....anyway it's glad to know others out there have them and we are not the only ones

Old 10-06-2003, 09:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
I have gotten an aura many times without the headache. However, I usually take two tylenol (lucky me, all I need is tylenol for migraines! ) as soon as I get the aura because I don't want to even take a chance that I might get the headache.

Old 10-11-2003, 03:42 PM   #7
(female)

Locket25 HB User
Migraine affects so many people and in so many different ways. If only a cure could be found.
Kay

Old 10-16-2003, 12:19 PM   #8

ddsmom HB User
Yeah, getting the migraines symptoms without the headache is scary. I thought I was losing my mind or that something was very wrong before I was told that I was having migraines without the headache. I'd never heard of such a thing!!

Things look funny, with an odd clarity that seems in a narrow field of vision. I also smell things that aren't there, which is often the first tip off that more bizarre stuff is coming. I lose my ability to put together a coherent sentence. I know what I want to say but I can't find the words or I string words toegether in the wrong order.

Old 10-19-2003, 05:36 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

ahall HB User
This is the first time I have ever heard anyone say they have migraine and no headache. I've been a migraine sufferer for 17 years now and have never experienced a headache, ever!! I lose my vision with what starts out as a colored dot, or grey blob and it spreads down one side of my vision in a zig zag shaking light of flashing colors. This eventually takes over at least 95% of my vision for up to 1 hour and leaves me petrified in fear. After its over I feel very confused and just "not myself", however theres no headache!! Im sorry you have to experience this, but Im relieved Im not crazy either.

Old 11-12-2003, 06:41 PM   #10

Dragon25rs HB User
I have a friend that gets these types of migraines. Her doctor told her that she has a eye condition where the fluid behind her eyes has turned into a gel substance and the sparkling kleidescopes she sees is when the floating that the liquid usually flush have been stuck there in the gel. I know that she has done everything she can to find out about them. I dont know a whole lot about the symptoms and the medical term for it, but I will ask her more information and post it when I find out.

Old 11-13-2003, 01:15 PM   #11

MagnaV45 HB User
This type of migraine is called Acephalgic Migraine, meaning "without head pain". Dr's think that when you have the aura symptoms and don't have pain it means something has stopped the migraine from completing it's usual cycle. Wouldn't it be nice if the medical community could figure out what is aborting the headache before the pain sets in?

I have had this kind of migraine before also but usually get classic migraines.

Last edited by MagnaV45; 11-13-2003 at 01:41 PM.

Old 11-13-2003, 02:56 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
Quote:
lucky me, all I need is tylenol for migraines!
coppertop, are you sure it's a migraine & not just a headache? Never heard of just a simple asprin stopping a migraine! If this is what is happening to you, then you are one lucky lady!

Old 11-16-2003, 06:31 AM   #13

jeezluuweez HB User
I get an aura sometimes without the headache, but I always know my migraine is coming when one of my ears completely stops up and then it moves to my other ear and then suddenly goes away. Nausea will soon start, then head pain about 30 minutes later if I do not take a Maxalt. This doesn't happen often anymore because I take Topamax daily.

Old 11-17-2003, 04:29 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Mz Migraine,
The only reason I know I get migraines is because of the aura, and sometimes I get sick to my stomach too. If it wasn't for the aura, I would never of thought I suffered from migraines.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:41 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
WOW coppertop, I can't believe an asprin stops not only your migrains but the auras too!
You are not lucky. You are BLESSED!

Closed Thread