It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2003, 09:34 PM   #1

NotFeelingSoGood HB User
Post Can Impacted Wisdom teeth cause tension like headaches?

I have two wisdom teeth that are impacted and never got them taken out. One popped out just above the gumline and stayed that way but it came out growing in diagonally. The other one popped out too just above the gum line too but straight. These are my lower wisdom teeth. Also about 3 years ago the dentist said I need to have them removed.

About three weeks ago, I was pressured into trying chewing tabacoo. I felt tension like headaches and felt dizzy and sick in my stomach while the chewing tabacoo was in my mouth. After I took it out and after an 1 hour. It went away. Then about 1-2 days later I got the same type of tension headaches but have not gone away. The only other time I felt the same type of headaches was when I tried marijuana for the 2nd or 3rd time, but it went away 2-3 days laters. What do you think is going on? They did a CAT scan and blood work and it came out negative.

Do you think the chewing tabacco triggered something in my gums to have the wisdom teeth cause me tension type headaches. I feel the pain mostly around the back and along my ears and the back of my upper neck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 02:12 PM   #2

MagnaV45 HB User
Any tobacco product can (and many times will) cause headaches. It also aggrevates (sp) migraines like you wouldn't believe. Pot will give you a headache also due to the chemicals in and from the smoke and carbon dioxide. Stay away from both products. I don't really think your wisdom teeth are the problem-stay away from the tobacco and pot.

and before you get ******--I am a smoker with migraines and am not one to throw stones. But if you don't chew or smoke now--don't start!!!!!!!!

Best Wishes- R

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread