It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

S72 HB User
One-Sided Headaches with Arm Pain

For the past few days I have been experiencing headaches on the left side of my head concentrated at my temple. Last night I also had pain under my left arm, and this morning I had the same headache with pain near my left elbow. Is this arm pain likely related to the headaches? Are these some type of tension headaches or something more serious?

Thanks

Old 02-25-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User
Re: One-Sided Headaches with Arm Pain

S72, I am wondering if you have what I have. I have migraines, sometimes bad, I have tmj, and was recently diagnosed with myofascial pain syndrome or disorder. My migraines, and tmj are always on my left side. I have body pain all throughout, but my muscles are spasming mostly on my left side. Do you predominately use your left side more than your right? They might be overloaded, and constantly going into spasm. If I were you I would make an appt to see your doctor this week. Also, how much pain are you in with your headaches and arm pains? Good luck, and write back if you can, I am interested in knowing how you are doing.

Kass

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2008, 07:58 AM   #3
(female)

S72 HB User
Re: One-Sided Headaches with Arm Pain

Kass,

Thanks so much for the response. Yes, I do use mostly my left side. The pain in my arms occurred just twice, last night and this morning. It lasted only a minute or so each time. It wasn't unbearable or anything but it was definitely a sharp pain. Maybe it is related to TMJ. A few years ago my doctors sstated I might have that. I haven't had headaches in a long time though (I rarely get them) so I had forgotten about the TMJ thing. Maybe the arm pain is completely unrelated. I'm just getting nervous because I haven't gotten headaches in so long and now my arm started hurting on the same side.
I will make a doctor's appointment this week and see what he thinks.
Thanks for the response.

Closed Thread