It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

michele1998 HB User
neck,to head to eye pain

I am having a shooting pain that started on the right side of my neck, went to my head and then to my eye all of a sudden. I feel a little light headed now. And still have a sporadic sharp pain in right temple and eye area.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:32 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

pipdog HB Userpipdog HB User
Re: neck,to head to eye pain

I get a lot of pain around my left eye kind of like an ice pick, together with a really stiff neck and I when I do neck rolls to try and release the stiffness I get an instant twitch response around the left eye so Ican see how its all interconnected.

I'm 4 months into repositioning appliance therapy for a dislocated TMJ and the dentist tells me eye pain is very common with this condition. something to do with muscles being in spasm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
(male)

luvdpuck HB User

Just curious Pipdog , but does the pain around the eye happen to be in the eyebrow area and sort of branch out from there to the forehead , though not nearly as sharp as it is in the eye area ?

Old 08-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

supermom3 HB User

this is to luvdpuck - I saw you questioning the other poster about the pain possibly being in the eyebrow area and that is me!!! every few weeks or so, I start getting tension up one side of my neck, clear up to the base of my skull and the same side of my head and my eyebrow "bone" on that same side all hurt! as far as the neck tension goes, it feels like someone is squeezing my neck! I was currently dealing with this yesterday and today, and I got in for a massage and a visit to the chiropractor today - just had to share - do you ever get these symptoms?

thanks!
supermom3

Old 08-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
(male)

luvdpuck HB User

Been suffering these for about 8 years .
Usually 1 side of the neck hurts but not always the case .
The pain is rather sharp in the eyebrow area and usally radiates from there but not as sharp as the eyebrow. The pain can at times be pretty nasty and if I were to describe it , I would say it feels similar to a screwdriver being twisted or as I sometimes say "it feels like your worst toothache only it's not in your teeth ."

Keep in touch as I would like to compare notes from time to time . Hard to find folks with similar complaints as I have . Told the doctors and neuros and they looked at me like I was from Mars . What's new right ?

One thing I do know is that one of the triggers for these is almost always MSG .
Cut that almost completely out, and the episodes have decreased to a somewhat managable level .

Old 08-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Confused089 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdpuck View Post
Just curious Pipdog , but does the pain around the eye happen to be in the eyebrow area and sort of branch out from there to the forehead , though not nearly as sharp as it is in the eye area ?
You have described my pain almost exactly. Always accompanied by neck pain.

What are you doing/have you done to treat this headaches - they are the bane of my existence! Caffeine seems to help but hard to use caffeine around the clock!

C1/C2 Fracture
C1-C3 Fusion
DDD throughout C-spine

Last edited by Confused089; 08-15-2008 at 04:43 PM.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

pipdog HB Userpipdog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdpuck View Post
Luvdpuck

The pain is concentrated around / behind the left eye. Eyebrow is ok although when I touch it I get a kind of tingling sensation.
I noticed when I put freeze gel on the back of my neck the eye pain reduces. How weird is that?

I was very focused on TMJ and getting treatment for that but now the dentist tells me I have an 'ascending' problem i.e. that I have issues with spinal alignment in my neck.

I emailed a NUCCA chiropractor listing my symptoms and she replied saying it sounded like an atlas misalignment so I am kind of hopeful I may be getting close the cause. I will see her in the new year.

Closed Thread