It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
(male)

welasady HB User
Dull Pain in Right temple and right side of head

This started about four months ago as a sudden sharp but fleeting pain that would strike in my right temple and then be followed by five or ten minutes of dull pain. This continued to happen for about 4 months once every couple of days or so and now the sharp pains do not occur anymore but a dull pain in my temple persists almost all day. Any Ideas? Other symptoms include tight shoulders and neck... but I think that is just stress that I have been under?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
(female)

Ash7878 HB User
Re: Dull Pain in Right temple and right side of head

Hi!
I am experiencing almost the exact same symptoms you are. There are no replies to your posting so I was just wondering if you had found anything out or if you know the cause yet??

Please let me know! Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
(female)

indranibose HB User

Hi, I am having similar symptoms over last couple of months...but now can't let it go as one off! I wake up with a dull pain in my right temple and it remains for the entire day. At times I jsut get this pain before I hit the bed or after my work out session with personal trainer. I sleep pretty well but having read about sleep apnea feel otherwise now..any response would be appreciated.
thnx
Indrani

Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
(female)

tinkerbell46 HB User

I have had headaches for as long as I can remember and I am now 62 and have one every day. The type you are describing sounds like the one I finally got diagnosed after may years. It is a pain on the right side and I wake up with a headache. I have fibromyalgia and I have also felt that it was a nerve pain. My GP doctor asked me if I had fever blisters often and I did. He diagnosed peripheral neuropathy from herpes. He put me on meds, for the herpes and for seizures (phenytoin). I had bad side effects from the seizure meds but reduced the dose and as long as I take the meds I do not have that headache. The headache that I wake up with now is caused by my neck. I have degenerative disease and spurs on my neck. I sleep in a soft collar and now do not wake up with headaches. For the migraines I take Amerge. For the cluster headaches and environmental headaches I will take pain meds and be sure that a fan is blowing in my face, oxygen will also help with these headaches. There are so many reasons for headaches and you just have to keep searching. It has been a long, long battle for me but at least I got one of the headaches to go away. Also, one doctor gave me botox injections in my neck and at the base of my skull and I did not have even one headache for 3 months!!!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Another time a doctor gave me IV Lidocaine and I was free of headache pain for about 3 hours. I have a lot of medical problems but the headaches are the worst. They seem to never go away and it is difficult to keep going when you have a headache all the time.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
(female)

herpesrocksnot HB User

I have been having a dull pain in my right temple as well, now i'm all paranoid haha. But really it started last time I had an outbreak about 2 or 3 weeks ago and hasnt completely let up. The weather has been changing as well, so that may have something to do with it. Is it only a certain type of herpes? oral or something? Cause I have genital so maybe I am just crazy.

Closed Thread