It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
"Complex Migraines"???

hi there

i went to a neurologist yesterday to discuss some symptoms i've had for over 2 years now. at times i get feelings of unbalance and a sense of weakness in the legs.

i've had my fair share of regularly scheduled headaches, and they do not accompany these unbalance/weakness episodes.

he said they could be 'complex migraines' which i never heard of before. i never heard of a migraine that didn't involve head pain.

has anyone heard of this? does anyone have these symptoms i've mentioned?

i'm scheduled for an mri, eeg, and holter monitor next week. i'm really bummed out.

thanks

Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
(female)

Abi88 HB User
Re: "Complex Migraines"???

Hi,
These are the kind of symptons I have been getting recently!
I went to the doctors however yesterday and they just gave me more tablets.
Please keep posted on what happens at the scan!
Abi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
(female)

worstmigraines HB User

Yes, when I get a migraine, I have right-sided weakness along with it. The tests are to rule out that nothing else is going on, and that it is just a "complex migraine". It may also be the meds that you are on to treat migraine, some can contribute to the weakness.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #4
(female)

Sinopa2 HB User

I'm sorry about all the scary tests I think I'm in kind of the same boat - I had instability, serious fatigue (don't know if this one's relavent here), and then month-long persistent numbess. I got pretty freaked out... but, well, for the last couple of months I've had these constant crazy visual symptoms - halos, vision ghosts, the world is always sparkly and there are these swirling patches of color. It's pretty trippy - but, well, turns out it's just a persistent aura! I used to get these kind of symptoms only before migraines, but now the migraines come and go, but the aura never lets up.

I haven't really talked this out with doctors, but I've been thinking - maybe the freaky-weird numbness from a few months back, along with the stumbles, were actually just a weird persistent aura? My numbness/unbalance wasn't really tied to migraines headaches either, schedule-wise - but, I think it makes total sense. It's good that you're getting all the tests, just to be really sure, but I've definitely heard of migraines causing non-head-pain symptoms (and experienced them!) and hopefully what you're going through is just a strange brand of migraine. Hope it all works out!

Closed Thread