It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

racheln24 HB User
I think I got an ocular migraine...

Hi,

I posted on the panic attack board as well. I think what I had the other night was an ocular migraine that maybe manifested into a panic attack. Everything was normal , I was getting ready to go out and then I got a wave of dizzyness and started seeing these triangular flames (red, yellow blue) going across my vision. Everything became foggy and distorted and my body went numb. I sat down and could feel my head throbbing and also I couldn't make out what people were saying to me or say anything understandable for that matter. This lasted for what seemed like eternity. I also had a choking feeling like I couldn't breathe and was going to die. Once my vision started to get better I started to come back to normal but it took awhile and then I had nausea like you wouldn't believe and threw up. My head kept hurting. I'm assuming this is an ocular migraine as I get that aura thing first which is really pyschadelic freaky. The only other time this happened was last December and I had this incense burning that I swear through me into the migraine. This time nothing triggered it that I know of unless it was the extra added caffeine I had in my system. I was taking Hydroxycut fat burners and hadn't much to eat that day. Any ideas? I am alos on Zoloft daily.

Thanks,
Rachel

Old 10-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
(female)

FM927 HB User
Re: I think I got an ocular migraine...

Rachel, I also get the aura with the migraine headache. Mime unfortunately is in Black and white. Anyway, I think the reason your episode might have been so violent was because of the panick attack . Your body and mind might have been responding to it which magnified everything, bringing on all those other symptoms you mentioned. Coffee is good for a headache, so I don't think that was the problem.
How long did this episode last? Just wandering because mine can be timed to 20mi.
And I also panic wondering if this is going to go away or if I won't be able to ever see clearly again.
I hope it does not happen again. Take care,
FM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread