It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
(female)

Kabees HB User
Question Question for those that suffer from ocular migraine symptoms

What do your ocular headache symptoms look like, and how long does yours last?

I am curious if ocualr migraine symptoms vary from person to person, or are the symptoms very similar?

I get colored spots (black, white, green, blue, red) in my vision that last for a few minutes, to hours, and rarely days. I don't get zig zag lines though.

Last edited by Kabees; 01-10-2009 at 02:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
(female)

Colinette HB User
Re: Question for those that suffer from ocular migraine symptoms

Mine begins with a general disturbance in my field of vision. I just cannot see clearly. Eventually, I can start to see the zig zag lines. Those will progress to the point where it is impossible to read or look at a computer screen. I can see colors in the zig zags. They will grow larger in my field of vision, and then they slowly go away.

Sometimes my eye will hurt afterwards. I'm just thankful they don't turn into full blown migraine headaches. That has happened to me a couple of times in the past.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
(male)

jesse25 HB User

Ocular migraines come in all sorts of shapes and forms, and are the hardest migraine to diagnose. Many people who get these may have very little visual disturbances at all.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
(male)

rexxwood HB User

Mine begins with a spot after a flash in my field of vision. I just cannot see clearly. I start to see the zig zag lines and heat waves. Then I have a blanket effect that starts from my perfial vision to the center of my field of view. I also see vibrant colors and my eyes are very sensitive to light even on coming cars with their daylight headlights seem very bright the episodes last any ware from 15 45 min then I get a headache above my right eye. The light sensitivity last into the days I'm 50 and before 3 weeks ago never had a migraine. I have had 6 of these episodes in the last 10 days

Old 02-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
(male)

jesse25 HB User

Ocular may not be the best term for mine, since I don't have any major problems with vision. I do get flashing lights on my bad days, but only when I'm going to bed and it lasts for 5-10 minutes. Other than that, no visual disturbances. Yet I also don't get the headache. Further proof at how complex these strange migraines can be.

Also, I do get floaters from time to time but that's usually due to dry eye.

Last edited by jesse25; 02-23-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
(female)

Kabees HB User

I really appreciate all the responses. It's interesting how it can vary so much.

Has anyone ever heard of eye migraines causing any damage to vision? I know doctors say it either never does or perhaps very rarely. I do have some visual defects that seemed to come from these 'episodes' of flashing spots and auras. My doctors are stumped, but they think there's a slight chance it is related to my migraine syptoms, but they just can't prove it yet.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
(male)

jesse25 HB User

Very very rarely will there be irreversible damage. Any damage would have to come from something else. If you still have visual defects the chances are the migraine is still there only more subtle. These migraines are notorious for their subtlety. Have you been seeing an ophthalmologist? Are your eyes dry at all?

Closed Thread