It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

dpka HB User
frequent headaches, increased memory loss, dizziness

What can be going on with me? I have been experiencing headaches nearly daily, over the last few months and in the last few weeks I have noticed that I have been having memory loss, or be in the middle of a conversation and lose my train of thought...please help!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
(female)

pamg6 HB User
Re: frequent headaches, increased memory loss, dizziness

Hi,

I would go to your DR. and share your symptoms and ask for appropriate tests. I wonder though, if it is migraine? I ask because I had those symptoms plus more, went to doctor after doctor with all tests coming back "normal" only to find out that I had migraine syndrome.

Good luck,

Pam 3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
(female)

swmfly1234 HB User

hey.
i went to a neurolgist last week and had both a mri and ct scan done and both came back normal. I am having the same symptoms though with a constant severe headache that has lasted about 10 months and dizziness, dumbness, and memoryloss. The doctor told me it was only a migrane and proscriped topamax... how do i know it's not something else

Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I have these symptoms and turns out for me it's hypoglycemia. I had just about EVERY symptom, including all the neurological ones. I was forgetting so many things and felt like I had ADD. I couldn't focus and felt really bad because I couldn't remember things people told me and I worried they would think I wasn't listening. The best way to describe how I felt every day was drunk. I felt off in my own world, bad balance, "out of it," and off in la-la land. Sometimes my eyes would see spots or start to black out and my hearing would get either kind of muffled or crystal clear, while everything else seemed surreal.

I talked to my family members about it and several of them are the same way. I would always avoid eating sugar (other than fruit), but I started eating more of it again. I am starting to feel better! I am feeling more alert, but I sure am tired of eating sweets because I don't really enjoy them as much anymore. I am still tired quite often, but I don't sleep all that well, so it's probably just due to that. I get headaches when I don't get enough sleep. I've also been drinking 1-2 cups of coffee every day and my headaches have almost disappeared. I hardly get them anymore! I don't want to have to rely on caffeine, so I know many of the migraine medications include caffeine anyway.

So, I don't know if any of that sounds similar to what happens with you, but I recognized some of the same symptoms. You might want to get a full blood test done. Last time I got blood drawn (just a tiny tube) I almost blacked out until they brought me juice. Unfortunately they didn't check my blood sugar for some reason, but everything else was fine. I don't know why they didn't think to check it that day! It's worth looking into to rule out anything else. MRI and CT scans will rule out any big problems, but if it's not that, hopefully they can figure it out with a blood test. Also, they might even have to look at your diet because you might have a food allergy causing it. I know a person who could not eat strawberries or they had symptoms, so you never know.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
(female)

swmfly1234 HB User

hey.
Yeah i was glad that the mri and ct scan ruled out any big problems but a blood test would diffently make me feel better. your symptoms do sound fimilar. I drink about 1 can of diet pepsi max every morning but that is about all it. & i don't know of any foods im allergic too.. im a little bit anxious because i willn't get back into my neurologist until july :/ so hopefully i wouldn't continue to get worse. but he thinks the topamax will work even though i have been on it since december... and the only thing that has happened is i have lost weight.
also i had a baby 1 year ago and the headaches started 10 months ago. my ob/gyn doesn't think that they could be related but could they be?

Old 04-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
(female)

edewsbury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmfly1234 View Post
hey.
Yeah i was glad that the mri and ct scan ruled out any big problems but a blood test would diffently make me feel better. your symptoms do sound fimilar. I drink about 1 can of diet pepsi max every morning but that is about all it. & i don't know of any foods im allergic too.. im a little bit anxious because i willn't get back into my neurologist until july :/ so hopefully i wouldn't continue to get worse. but he thinks the topamax will work even though i have been on it since december... and the only thing that has happened is i have lost weight.
also i had a baby 1 year ago and the headaches started 10 months ago. my ob/gyn doesn't think that they could be related but could they be?

Closed Thread