It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

ive had a headache 4 5 days

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
dannywopo
(male)

dannywopo HB User
ive had a headache 4 5 days

ive had a headache 4 5 days now what could it be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: ive had a headache 4 5 days

Have you tried different ways to treat it? If so and if it's severe, I'd see a doctor. There can be various reasons so it's hard to tell. Often times, allergies can cause headaches or there might be some kind of trigger that you aren't aware of (for example, chocolate is one for me). Also, are you drinking plenty of water? I find that to get rid of a tricky headache, I have to take some Excedrin Migraine. If I don't have it available, I take Advil or another similar medication and have an energy drink. Often times, the caffeine helps me get rid of my headache. Good luck!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
hearts4120
(female)

hearts4120 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywopo View Post
ive had a headache 4 5 days now what could it be
I hope your headache has resolved now. But in the future remember this... if you have migraines and it goes beyond 72 hours you need to be seen by your doctor or at the ER for treatment of Status Migranosis.

DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia,
ALIF surgery on December 10, 2007, numerous Injections, SCS December 2010.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
pounded1
(female)

pounded1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearts4120 View Post
I hope your headache has resolved now. But in the future remember this... if you have migraines and it goes beyond 72 hours you need to be seen by your doctor or at the ER for treatment of Status Migranosis.
I don't know, I suffer from transformed migraines and my neurologist tells me the only real treatment is supression therapy. Maybe transformed really is different. My longest migraine was just short of 3 months long. I had just under 6 weeks of semi relief, and now it has been back for almost a week. I am waiting for a call back from my neurologist now about the next step.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pounded1 View Post
I don't know, I suffer from transformed migraines and my neurologist tells me the only real treatment is supression therapy. Maybe transformed really is different. My longest migraine was just short of 3 months long. I had just under 6 weeks of semi relief, and now it has been back for almost a week. I am waiting for a call back from my neurologist now about the next step.
Yes, I would definitely talk to your neurologist more about that if they are lasting so long quite regularly! I don't know how I could function with a migraine for 3 months! I vomit and am very out of it feeling so bad when I have them. I hope your neurologist is able to help you out! I'd contact them soon if they don't get back to you shortly.

Closed Thread