It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

headache and neck pain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
nlangley
(female)

nlangley HB User
headache and neck pain

I'm a 26 yr. old female, does not smoke and last Friday I started getting this neck pain and pain in the back of my head. It was not a constant pain, but a dull pain in both areas. I was very stressed last week at work and attributed it all to that, although I have never had any of these symptoms when I've been stressed before. I finally went to the doctor Monday after my symptoms were not much better. She also thought it was a tension/stress headache and gave me Skelaxin (non sedating muscle relaxer). I feel like the pain is a little better today but I'm paranoid that it could be a brain tumor or something like that. I also have sinus problems a few times a year, but could sinus problems cause neck and head pain?? My doc said I may have this head/neck pain the rest of the week, but I am starting to get nervous it could be something else. Has anybody ever had these symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
dlindquist83
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User
Re: headache and neck pain

The neck and back of the head pain are DEF due to stress. I get it A LOT worse when I am more stressed out. I recently went through a huge bout of stress and it brought on terrible anxiety and practically debilitated me. I have been on new medications and am getting headaches EVERYDAY now. Mostly in the back of my head (dr said from stress) and in the front (sinuses/allergies). Try some excedrin tension headache.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
danstlouis
(male)

danstlouis HB User

Glad I found this site, thought I was the only one going nuts! I have the same symptoms as well, that headache that moves around, never stays too long in one spot. Yesterday was top of my head, last night was above both ears, felt like they were going to pop off of my head. I have anxiety issues as well, and tried Excedren, but the high levels of caffeine really got to me, so be careful.

Does hot or cold packs help anyone?

Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
dlindquist83
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User

I didnt have any of this until January of this year..I feel like I am losing my mind also. Hot/cold packs havent helped me. I also have developed a severe sensativity to caffeine which I never had before and its weird. I cant even drink a can of pop anymore.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 AM   #5
danstlouis
(male)

danstlouis HB User

They tell me its anxiety and tension, and I cut out a lot of caffeine about 6 mos ago that helped. this headache thing is new, about 6 weeks old. I can sleep fairly good, but wake up and they start back. Constantly moving around my head. I found that cold pack on neck and head before bed helps, and hot shower gets the blood flowing in the am. I was taking advil and tylenol too much, and was/is probably getting those rebound headaches that they talk about. Its all getting old though.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #6
angel72
(female)

angel72 HB User

Yes, I have TMJ and have those type of headaches. I clench my teeth at night and wake up like this. Stress is definitely a culprit. Another possibility is a muscle strain that is affecting your neck, so if you have done any heavy lifting or have ever been in an accident that could be the culprit as well.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
JewelryJulie
Inactive
(female)

JewelryJulie HB User

I have these as well. I lay on a block of ice at the back of my neck (the kind you could pack some pop cans into a cooler with) and it is gone in about 30 minutes. I have advanced TMJ symptoms and get migraines due to muscle tension headaches and changes in weather (barometer?). I am a long term sufferer and know all the tricks--so ask me if you need help.

Closed Thread