It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

New here - headache every morning - why?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
singermom
(female)

singermom HB User
Question New here - headache every morning - why?

I take 30mg propranolol 2x/day to avoid headaches and butalbital when I get one. Today I had to go in and get 2 injections to get rid of my 2 day headache that the butalbital couldn't knock out.

I generally attiribute my headaches to barometric changes - but lately I am waking with a headache every morning. It's worse if I've had interupted sleep and woken a time or two in the night and then gone back to sleep. I've checked about sleep apnea and don't have that.

Could it be sinus related? Or spinal/chiropractic related? How to find out?

This is definitely interfering with my ability to get to work each morning......

thanks for input

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Dragon79
(female)

Dragon79 HB User
Re: New here - headache every morning - why?

I don't have any answers, but I have the same problem. Barometric changes also affect me, and I wake up many times during the night. The more tired I feel in the morning, the worse my head hurts. I am having a sleep study done on Friday to determine if I have any sleep disorders.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
rosalinta
(female)

rosalinta HB User
Re: New here - headache every morning - why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by singermom View Post
I take 30mg propranolol 2x/day to avoid headaches and butalbital when I get one. Today I had to go in and get 2 injections to get rid of my 2 day headache that the butalbital couldn't knock out.

I generally attiribute my headaches to barometric changes - but lately I am waking with a headache every morning. It's worse if I've had interupted sleep and woken a time or two in the night and then gone back to sleep. I've checked about sleep apnea and don't have that.

Could it be sinus related? Or spinal/chiropractic related? How to find out?

This is definitely interfering with my ability to get to work each morning......

thanks for input
I wake up and live with headaches everyday, half the time it's migraines. There are many things that can trigger your headaches. Most likely your body go used to the medication therefore it had no effect to you body. Meaning you will have to take probably a double dose. That was one of my issues, i stopped taking the medication, although i had to suffer with the pain for a week or so. But the headaches didn't come as often and when they do come to the extreme, i would take the medication and it would help. But i have regular headaches everyday, i've had them for the past year and i tried many different pills. None of them worked due to side affects. When i have migraines, as soon as it begins, i take LorTab. Same with headaches, when i feel they will go to the extreme i take advil b4 it happens. There is not a day where i don't have headaches, there is nothing i can do about, i tried so many ways. The only solution is learn how to deal with it. I don't know if it will work with you but when i wake up, i try not to get up real fast and get ready. I hear my alarm set on vibrate so that it doesn't give me the pain in my head to lift it up and turn off the alarm. Therefore i just stay for about 5 mins max and get ready. The headaches are still there, just not as intense as they use to.

Closed Thread