It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

daily headaches

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
a1234567
(female)

a1234567 HB User
daily headaches

hello. i've posted in various spots on healthboards so i'm sorry if you're reading my story again. i'm just looking for any help that i can get.

here's my story:

i first started noticing headaches around my eyes late last year. they came and went. then at the end of january it spread to the area by nose. i went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. went on a round of antibiotics (amoxicillin), did nothing. headaches got worse and i had bad veritgo as well. tried a second antibiotic (cefdinir). got better for about a week. felt the pressure in my forehead coming back. went on that antibiotic for another round. then i started getting symptoms like stuffy nose, sore throat, headache moving to temples and ear area, headache being only on one side then moving only to the other. went on a my fourth round (and third kind) of antibiotics (doxycycline) with a steroid (methylprednisolone). i have since finished all of these.

however i still have a form of a headache every day. can sinus headaches linger long after the sinus infection is apparently gone?

i had started allergy shots late last year so i have recently stopped them as they may have been contributing to this as well as other strange symptoms (like at one point, my headaches were mostly on the left side and i felt like i had novocaine wearing off and it felt swelled even though it technically wasn't). i've stopped for about two weeks now. since then my vertigo and fatigue has definitely lessened. has anyone had a similar experience with the shots? it makes sense that they can make me sick since you're getting injected with what you're allergic to. does anyone know how long until it's all out of my system?

i have days of tolerable headaches and days of bad headaches (like right now). i'm thinking it can be my allergies since my headaches vary day to day (they've been in the same spot for weeks now [temples, forehead, sometimes nose area] but vary in intensity). they seem to be the worst as i wake up in the morning (what a great way to start a day, right?) and then around 4, 5, 6pm (sometimes continuing until i fall asleep).

i've had a ct scan of the sinuses (normal), blood and urine tests (normal). in september 2007 i had a brain mri (that was way before all of this, but it was normal then so apparently my neuro doesn't want to do another one, at least not yet). in january 2008 i had a ct scan of the brain, also normal (after a short bout of vertigo from an airplane).

my neuro gave me two migraine meds to try but i just don't think it's migraines. i've started up an antihistamine again, xyzal, in hopes that it may help eventually. i'm sick of taking tylenol and having it do nothing. i'm sick of using a neti pot and having that do nothing.

anyone have any ideas? thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
pjheath5
(female)

pjheath5 HB User
Re: daily headaches

I am not sure why this happens, sorry. But I am sort of in the same bucket as you. I keep getting a headache behind my right eye. I wear glasses and sit in front of a computer almost 24-7. I work a full time job and have now begun online college courses.

Closed Thread