It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

migraines & EXTREME nausea-help my fiance

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Wendy88
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
migraines & EXTREME nausea-help my fiance

hi all
my fiance suffers from daily, intense migraines.... imitrex and those types of drugs arent as effective anymore...
Percocet is helpful to him (although he is getting concerned that they could be making his headaches worse, but they do seem to be the only thing to really give him relief, so i dont think he should stop taking them since he can't live in this pain all the time), and sometimes steroids, but of course, those are too intense to take all the time.
About 3 months ago he started getting terrible nausea (without vomiting) almost every day, regardless if he had a bad headache or not.
He is taking a nausea med. normally used for people on chemo, and it rarely helps. His endoscopy and abdominal scan showed nothing. this has us really concerned. Right now we are waiting for insurance to approve an MRI with contrast, but they are fighting his doctor at the migraine clinic cause he already had one (without contrast) 9 months ago.

Has anyone had nausea like this that seemed like it WASNT connected to your migraines? Any thoughts would be SOOOO appreciated.
One neurologist told him the percocets can make his headaches worse... but his pain management doctor told him that it's ok and he shouldn't worry about that. so when he uses them and gets a worse headache the next day, he blames himself for making himself worse, but as we all know with migraines (i get them too) they can come and go with no triggers at all. it's so confusing... all he wants is some relief.
sorry this is so long!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Wendy88
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
Re: migraines & EXTREME nausea-help my fiance

by the way - his headaches have been going on forever (years and years), but the past one and a half years they have been totally debilitating. he has just turned 35 and barely has a life because of this. he is seeing a very prominent neurologist and has gone through sooo many types of meds and none really work, so now with this constant nausea thrown into the mix, he is just miserable. but i don't want him to give up on finding a solution.
so, im desperate for some hope for him. thanks again

Old 04-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Wendy88
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi!
no one has any thoughts??

Old 04-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
1sunny1
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

I don't have much experience with migraines, I have only had 2, but I do get horrible headaches from having bulging disc in my neck. The first bad migraine I had, it came on right after taking a shower, I felt very nauseated and started sweating profusely, I took a vicodin, it did nothing for me, the ibuprofen 800 did nothing for me, I had to go to urgent care and they gave me a shot of toradol, it took about an hour, but it did finally take it away. Has he has any toradol? I didn't have any side affects from this.

Sunny

Last edited by 1sunny1; 04-27-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
dolysods
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

has he tried chiropractic or acupuncture? i drink green ginger tea for nausea. Some times when i just get a regular headache with nausea i will still use my imitrex spray.. that takes it away. Has he ever kept a detailed journal? foods eaten, weather/barometric pressure, meds/otc/vitamins taken that day?I also added pain level and where the pain was. He may want to try an elimination diet to see if it helps

Closed Thread