It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

New here and to Migraine's, wonders if I have migraines???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
amiamigraine
(female)

amiamigraine HB User
New here and to Migraine's, wonders if I have migraines???

Hi
I think I may have had some mild form of migraine like headache since I was 12 (I am 27 now). Although it was never diagnosed and never last long , needed meds, or happened often.
Since the end of 2007 I started getting tension headaches. Then I started getting neck pain, especially on the left. Then I started getting pain that would come from behind my left ear and go up the back of my head (on the left side) and rest above my left eye. And I had problems laying down or I'd get pressure. I had a CT done in Jan 08 and it was normal. Went to a Neuro had an EEG which was normal, in May I had a c-spine X ray which showed OA on C5/C6 , forminal impingement, mostly on left side. So in July 08 I had an MRI of the brain with and without contrast on my own persistence and it was normal. My MRI without contrast of the cervical spine showed 2 to 3 mm herniated disc on C5/C6 and C6/C7 , mild to moderate Stenosis and some DDD.
I've had PT and a tens unit. At any rate my headaches had for a long time been pressure on the top left side of my head in a small area. And I'd have the ache at the base of the skull.

However the last week I've had the headache that goes from behind the left ear, and rest in my left eye. Also the pain has come up from behind the left ear and have had some off and on slight ache in my teeth and then up my face to the eye. Then that area on the top of my head started to throb and hurt especially when I laid down to sleep or chewed or walked on a hard surface. I've had slight nausea off and on, but nothing real bad. Sounds above normal pitch bug me and noises I don't anticipate make me jumpy, when before I hadn't noticed them before. And today I've been getting a odd smell, not sure how to describe it, I taste it as well. Now I have had some cramps, once or twice this week, so my period could be near, and I sometimes get headaches a week to two weeks before , but nothing like this. I also have had bad sleeping or lack of sleeping habits the past couple months so those could be potential triggers. I also feel a little bit hard to concentrate...

Anyhow my Neuro gave me an Occipital block and a demerol shot. I don't know if it has really helped...I've tried imitrex and relpax , but that doesn't help.
Currently I am on: Fiorcet but without caffeine, tylenol 3, soma, atenolol (for my MVP), Lexapro 10mg , Cymbalta 30mg (For my depression and anxiety that I developed end of 07/beg of 08) , .25 klonopin.

Today I started on Topamax 25 mg twice a day and was given samples to try skelaxin to see if I can reduce some of my sleepiness due to medication during the day, because I tend to take two hour sleep breaks which could be causing me to sleep later (12 to 1 am) or maybe my depression is back? not sure.

Also can a migraine create some pressure and ache on the whole top of the head and sides and maybe down in some of the sinus area? Because I am having this as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread