It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Headache From Walking

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
KD86
(female)

KD86 HB User
Headache From Walking

I have a year to lose weight and make myself look good to be a bridesmaid. Today I decided I would start walking to start getting in shape. I felt really good so I decided to start trying some light jogging. That didn't go over well and I went back to walking. The hardest part was the walk up the huge hill to get back to my house.

When I returned home I had a drink of water and went into the shower. I had another drink of water after my shower. About a half hour after returning from my walk I noticed a dull headache coming around. I did some research online and of course now think I have a tumor or hemmorage. I am kind of freaking out.

Just some extra information:
I haven't done any real physical activity for awhile.
When I got home my face was red. My sister's face always gets red after she does physical activity and she is perfectly fine.
The temperature was around 70 degrees with sun and it was a tad humid.

Thanks for any info. you can give me
KD

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
janewhite1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Headache From Walking

First, congratulations on starting a fitness program

By a "drink" of water, do you mean a sip or a cupful? If you just sipped it, you might still have been a bit dehydrated. It's hot out.

Either way, I don't think that a mild headache after exercising is something you need to worry too much over. Headaches can be signs of really bad things, but generally either the pain is very severe, or there are a lot of other symptoms, such as throwing up a lot or falling down sideways when you try to stand up.

Since you haven't exercised much lately, definitely stick with walking until it starts to feel easier. Don't do any jogging yet. Assuming you also make modest changes to your diet, you can lose a lot of weight through walking alone.

If you continue to have problems, or start feeling really bad, talk to a doctor before continuing your plans.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
KD86
(female)

KD86 HB User
Re: Headache From Walking

Thanks for the reply jane

As the day is going on I am wondering if the headache was caused by the exercising. After I wrote my original post I went outside to read and the headache went away. When I went inside for lunch the headache came back. After lunch I went back outside to do some work for school and the headache went away. I am wondering it is being inside that is causing it.

KD

PS: a "drink" of water means a glass

Closed Thread