It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
(female)

ccvogue HB User
scalp tenderness and headache

hi, i'm new here so please be patient with me! i recently started taking lexapro for gad, 5mg in march and then this friday bumped to 10mg. i've also been in and out of the doctor for a globus feeling in my throat and stomach pain. i've never had headaches before and if i have, they've passed rather quickly. however, the past few days i've noticed a sensitivity on my scalp. right at the top of my head and more to the right. it hurts when i brush the area however apply pressure does not create any pain. also today i've began feeling a "tingling/burning pain" in the same area. it is very mild, and radiates more toward my forehead and ear. it isn't very consistent, however it seems to remain as i continue to worry over it. i know all of my syptoms could be attributed to my GAD, however last week (i can't remember what day) i do recall bumping my head on my car frame when exiting the vehicle. there is also a small scab (maybe from a pimple?) by the tender area. i do not, however, feel any "knots" or bumps from hitting my head.

what could this be and how long should i let it go on before contacting my doctor? i have been in and out of the office so often that i'm afraid they won't take my symptoms seriously, especially since most everything has been contributed to my anxiety in the past.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
(female)

ccvogue HB User
Re: scalp tenderness and headache

just an update :/ i'm still getting similar headaches. the pimple has healed and the pain remains, it comes and goes and isn't bad enough to warrant medication but it is worry-some. mostly it just feels like when someone has just tugged a hair from your scalp except i've been good about not putting my hair up in tight ponytails or anything. also i get the feeling of pressure on the right top of my head, as if someone's pressing down on it. again, not "painful" just annoying. i guess this could be tension? but everything i've read about tension headaches indicates that i should be feeling the ache more toward my forehead...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
(female)

leeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB User

Sounds like migraines! Please read my post and get the book I recommended. It should help you!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
(male)

fordp82 HB User

It is a completely benign percption; nothing to worry about at all. If you find it difficult to control your worry, you can try a benzodiazepine for a few weeks.

Closed Thread