It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Headache started at gym 2 weeks ago

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
sunspotter
(male)

sunspotter HB User
Question Headache started at gym 2 weeks ago

in the middle of my normal routine...suddenly noticed blurred waves in the vision of my right periphery (lasted roughly 30 minutes), which was later followed by a throbbing headache. An hour later, my throat physically hurt and I vomited from what appeared to be abnormal build up of pressure in my body. I assumed I was dehydrated and drank lots of water. Next day, the throat was fine but the headache still remained. For the most part, it has downgraded to a lingering headache that I really only feel when I shake my head from side to side. I tried to work out a few days later and the exact same thing happened, only the throat got worse and was only sore on the right side. My GP said I was a little sick and recommended tylenol and rest.

Well, it's been two weeks now and my head still hurts when I shake it. Did a light work out for the first time in a while today and had to stop midway from extreme fatigue. Vision problem was very very slight if anything.

Other factors that might be helpful to know: currently studying for the bar, and while I don't feel stress, my occasional lash outs seem to indicate otherwise. Also, my hands and feet seem to fall asleep more frequently...which is particularly noticeable if I get up too fast.

What's wrong with me???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
leeshy215
(female)

leeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB User
Re: Headache started at gym 2 weeks ago

MIGRAINE, MIGRAINE, MIGRAINE! Please read my post, it should help you! You have the typical symptoms of migraine. Headache, vision problems, fatigue, and vomitting. You know people that suffer from headaches can get them with the onset of straining the body A.K.A workouts. Try taking motrin, asprin, or tylenol(without codeine) 30 mins before a workout and then 30 mins after the workout. But only these over the counter medications and only on an as needed basis no more than a few times a month. Quick fix medications cause reoccurrig headaches/migraines. Also the stress you are having right now because of the bar exam is causing your headaches. Stress and no sleep are the number 1 factors in triggering headaches/migraines. Please read my post.

Last edited by leeshy215; 06-26-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Closed Thread