It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

daily chronic headaches

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
headache lady
(female)

headache lady HB User
daily chronic headaches

I've been reading some of the posts regarding headaches and am feeling very discouraged. Many of the posts are for people suffering for days or weeks. I have been suffering with chronic daily headaches as well as migraines for about 25 years now and they are getting worse. I am lucky if I have a day or two a month without a headache. I've tried many pills, chiro, naturepath, acupunture - everything I can think of. I've recently stopped all my over the counter drugs as they are no longer effective as I have been taking them way too long. I took T3's like chicklets. I've had to stop working as the pain and depression are unbareable. Last week I spent 5 out of 7 days in bed - in pain - so much pain that it makes me sick to my stomach as well. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I've been to 2 Neurologists and they say there is no cause for these and no treatment. Everything happens for a reason! I don't believe it is normal to have a headache every day for years!! Something is causing this! I am a 43 year old woman - I can not imagine spending another 25 years like this. This is such a waste of life!! Trying to get people to understand what I'm going through is frustrating - trying to get help is even more frustrating. Can anyone suggest anything?
Please help!! Thanks, Laurie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
chocy
(female)

chocy HB User
Re: daily chronic headaches

hi i get migranies when im on so went to the dr and had botox injections to stop them i have been on this month and have only had 2 mild headaches usually im in bed sleeping most of the wks when im on because the pain is so bad only had injectons done last wk and they take 2wks to work so hopefully it will work fully next month have you tried these injections yet?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
headache lady
(female)

headache lady HB User

that was the next thing my Dr. suggested - I am kind of leary as it is poison - but I think I will pursue this further and see if I can get it covered under my medical. Thanks for the advice

Old 06-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
leeshy215
(female)

leeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB User

Hi headache lady! That is the best thing you could have ever done for yourself. STOPPING all your over the counter medications. They are making you worse! Also do not get any botox injections. There has not been enough research or studies to prove how well or not well it works! PLEASE read my post, I think it will change your life. Keep your chin up, you will get better!

Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
breaux0727
(female)

breaux0727 HB User

I feel the same way. I've been having 24/7 headaches with pressure behind my eyes for around 7 yrs. I was first diagnosed with chronic sinutitis. Which I was given meds for. They helped, but I still always had a slight headache. Well the meds stopped working so I went to an ENT, they did a ct scan of my sinuses, it was normal. So I started going to a chiroprator. It was getting better. But they are getting severe like they used to, and the pressure behind my eye actually causes my eye area to swell! So my chiro ordered an MRI. It was normal. I cannot take this anymore! The pain in my head is 24/7 and my eyes feel like they are on fire, im also so fatigued, have no energy anymore.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
headache lady
(female)

headache lady HB User

it is hard i know. I still do not have any answers and am still suffering daily. In the last 8 months I've gone 13 days without a headache. I wish I had an answer for you and myself. I'm tired of doctors and people telling me there is nothing than can do for me and that I am going to have to just live like this. This is not living!! They don't understand that I don't and can't live like this! I have another Neurologist apt. on April 2010. He is supposed to be one of the best in our area and I am hoping he will have some answers for me and some relief - if he doesn't I don't know what I'm going to do!! I hope you get some relief soon!! We have to keep trying!! Good luck!

Closed Thread