It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

What other symptoms came with your headache?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
Perry2
(male)

Perry2 HB User
What other symptoms came with your headache?

Did you accumulate these other symptoms or issues over time or was the onset of everything concurrent?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Perry2
(male)

Perry2 HB User
Re: What other symptoms came with your headache?

None eh? How fortunate I had non migrain type headaches. I started getting tinitus about 5 months ago with pressure in my head. It came and went. About a month ago I got my first exercise or sex headache. Up until then I had worked out 5 days a week for the preceeding several months with no headaches. I tore my shoulder and bicep so stopped working out alktogether for a couple of weeks and it was after that the headaches started.
The headaches came on sudden and severe enough the I went to Emergency. They did a CT scan and a lumbar puncture and then sent me home. I saw my MD a few days later and he said 2 Advil and 2 Tylenol an hour before sex or exertion should work. He was correct but so much for any spontaneity
Yesterday while working in from of a computer for a few hours a new symptom popped up. Wavy lines or maybe watery distortion at the periphery of my vision. This freaked my out quite a bit so I popped Tylenol and Advil in anticipation of a headache event of some kind. I threw in a couple of childrens aspirin as a thinner. After a nervous 15 minutes things cleared up. There was no dizziness, no real pain, and no disorientation so I am thinking this side effect is from the headache family of side effects rather than anything more sinister.
I will see my Dr again in a weeks time, but in the interim I am doing back to 5 day a week exercise because when I was that active I had only tinitus.
The head aches move around, and are sometimes stabby in the top of my head when I cough. I almost thing stress related except for that.
Anyone else get a bonus symptom thrown in with their headache?

Old 08-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
Spenstar
(female)

Spenstar HB User
Re: What other symptoms came with your headache?

Well, after years of thinking my headaches were sinus related, I've just been diagnosed as having migranes.

I don't have the typical symptoms...for me, it is pain in my nose area, cheeks, down into my teeth or eye area. I also have nausea and vomiting. Something new that has popped up recently is pain in my ears.

I'm still not 100% convinced I've found my problem...but I'm getting closer I think.

The vomiting for me is the thing that really gets to me.

Closed Thread