It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

I am getting worried!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Ksavage
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Angry I am getting worried!

I have had migraines for over 20 years & latley they have been different.

I have had a constant headache for over 2 weeks now and tonight I noticed my left eye is full of blood. I have had busted blood vessels in my eyes 7 times over the last eight months. It is more in my left eye, but has also happened in the right one as well. I did go to my eye Dr. about 4 months ago and he was not concearned, but did tell me I needed to see a Neurologist if it continued to happen. I do have an appointment to see the Neuro in 2 weeks, but after tonight & with the 2 week headache, I am a bit worried about what might be going here. Today the headache has been localized to the left side and it runs from my neck through to the behind my left eye. It is not that bad, just ittitating. I do however, have a high tollerance for pain due to the fact that I have dealt with migranes for so many years. So I am not sure if it is that bad or not.

Another thing is that 3-4 times in the past 2 weeks, both of my eyes would ache and I would have to try really hard to focus. It would last for a few hours and then it would stop.

Any advice or oppinions would be greatly appreciated here.

Thanks guys!
K~

Last edited by Ksavage; 08-17-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
juliasird09
(female)

juliasird09 HB User
Re: I am getting worried!

hi I went through that about 2 years ago I went to the doctor they put me in the hospital for 3 days for a migrain treatment I do not recommend that if they ask it is very painful and It did not work for me. I myself went to eye doctors and found my problem at the dentist. I had a tooth pulled and the hole did not heal causing migrains. It was terrible so I know what you are going through. Are you taking meds for it over the counter? if so stop them they cause cluster migraines. You have to switch back and forth. But your gonna have to get the cycle stopped first.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
Ksavage
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User

I am taking 1,000 mg's of Ibuprofen 2x's a day & then when I have to I take Frove or Imitrex I do. I try to not take them unless I have to. My insurance is crap and I am only allowed 9 pills a month. At this rate I would blaze through them in no time. I have a few more samples left. So I am hoping I can get more samples from the Neuro on top of my Rx.
So do you think I need to stop the Ibuprofen?
I have had no dental trouble. I have had my teeth cleaned about 7months ago, and am due for another, but that is all in that dept. for me.
Thanks for the suggestions & I will see how long I can go without the Ibuprofen. It does not get rid of the pain, but it does eas it a bit. I simply hate the fact that the insurance thinks they knoh how many pills I need to take care of my problem.
Thanks again,
K~

Old 08-19-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
juliasird09
(female)

juliasird09 HB User

I myself took all my options first went to eye doctor went to dentist went to chiro turn the color down on the tv and Ill tell ya that all was good. Then I find out I was taking advil and that can cause migraines, so I stopped taking them as well I controled my diet, I drink alot of pepsi canned and fountain I took that down as well. I really have not had a bad migraine since I still am having them but not near as bad.

Closed Thread