It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Week Long Debilitating Headache

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
bcaro1831
(female)

bcaro1831 HB User
Week Long Debilitating Headache

Help me please!!!!! My wife has had a debilitating headache at the base of her skull for over a week now; we have seen numerous doctors and even spent this past weekend in the hospital. She got released yesterday after they got a hold of her vomiting and dehydration. But the headache still persists, they have no answer. CT scans came back normal, spinal meningitis was a negative, and all blood work is good along with many other tests. I have had migraines all my life and have never had anything like she is experiencing now and she has never had a migraine. The resident doc said he thought it was a minstrel headache that could last up to fourteen days. Nobody Iíve talked to has ever heard of it. Hydrocodone and morphine helps her rest but does nothing for the headache. Imatrex and other migraine meds just tear up her stomach and doesnít help her head. And now it seems she is getting rebound headaches to compound the problem from being so doped up. Iím at wits end and lord knows she is, she has not seen a neurologist, I guess because she doesnít have insurance. The only thing that had even a little effect was a caffeine mixture by IV, but even that was minimal. The doctor said they have ruled out anything life threatening but Iím not sure how I feel about that, I believe mentally it is very life threatening. Iím going to try to get her to a chiropractor as soon as I get paid and maybe try acupuncture as well. Please help us, we have three little girls who need their mom back as well do I. Thanks, Brandon Caro

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread